No. 21 Baseball vs. Clark
Sunday, March 24 | 12/3 p.m.
Govoni Field | Babson Park, Mass.
• Babson holds a 57-21 advantage over Clark in a series that dates back to 1983, although the Beavers have gone just 5-7 against the Cougars since 2014.
• Junior Dylan Horn hit a three-run homer and senior Dan Shaw tossed 2.1 scoreless innings of relief as Clark followed up an 8-7 win in game one with an 8-4 game-two victory to sweep last year's doubleheader on March 24 in Worcester.
• Senior Brian McHale hit a two-run homer in game one and Mark Webber '18 drove in five runs on the day for the Beavers.
LAST BABSON WIN
• Senior Connor Gill tossed a six-hit shutout and McHale and Ryan Arena '18 both homered as the Beavers defeated Clark, 5-0, on April 19, 2017, in Babson Park.
• Gill struck out seven and Webber and junior Sean Harrington both drove in a run for Babson. Adam Chochrek finished with three hits for the Cougars.
SCOUTING THE COUGARS
• Clark (7-7, 0-0 NEWMAC) has dropped four of its last five games after suffering a 9-7 loss to Keene State on Wednesday.
• Junior Derek Lefebvre homered and drove in three runs, while Horn had three hits and two RBI for the Cougars, who left 11 runners on base.
• Junior Andrew Thibault is batting .460 with six doubles, four homers and 10 runs batted in, Horn is hitting .357 with four extra-base hits and 11 RBI, and senior Zach Kelley enters the day with a .320 average to go along with four extra-base hits and eight RBI.
• Senior Cal Slepkow is 3-0 with 1.64 ERA and 21 strikeouts in 22.0 innings, while sophomore Nick Guarino is 1-1 with a 3.97 ERA over 22.2 innings in three starts.
SCOUTING THE BEAVERS
• No. 21 Babson (6-2, 0-0 NEWMAC) extended its winning streak to five with a 23-7 rout of Edgewood on Monday in Florida.
• Senior Eric Jaun and Harrington, who hit a grand slam, both drove in five runs, while Gill finished with four hits and four RBI for the Beavers.
• Junior Jake Oliger is batting .393 with three doubles, a home run and 10 runs batted in, senior Edward Lehr is also hitting .393 with three doubles and nine RBI, and Gill checks in at .355 with two doubles, five RBI and a team-high 13 runs scored.
• Junior Michael Nocchi is 1-0 with a 0.71 earned run average and 13 strikeouts in 12.2 innings, and senior Michael Genaro has held opposing hitters to just a .148 average while going 1-1 with a 1.80 ERA in 15.0 innings over two starts.
• The bullpen trio of senior Max Tannenbaum, junior William Gallagher and sophomore Henry Leake has been superb to begin the season having allowed just one hit while striking out eight over 9.0 innings.
• Tannenbaum, who has two saves, and Gallagher have both recorded a pair of punch outs, while Leake has fanned four without giving up a hit in three appearances in the eighth inning.
WALK IT OUT
• In addition to pounding out a season-high 18 hits in Monday's win over Edgewood, the Beavers also set a new single-game record with 18 walks in the contest.
• The program's previous high for bases on balls was 13, which came against Bridgewater State in 2000 and was matched last season in a win over Curry.
• Oliger has at least one hit in every game this season, while Jaun come into Saturday's conference doubleheader riding seven- and five-game hitting streaks, respectively.
• Lehr leads the Green and White in both multi-hit games (4) and multi-RBI games (4).
• Jaun, Oliger, first-year Thomas Lapham and junior Alex DiMartino all hit better than .400 during Babson's 5-0 trip to Florida. The Green and White hit .326 as a team and averaged 10.4 runs per outing.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
• The Beavers are 22-1 at Govoni Field dating back to April 22, 2017.