No. 14/14 Baseball vs. UMass Boston
Thursday, April 11 | 3:30 p.m.
Govoni Field | Babson Park, Mass.
• Babson and UMass Boston will meet for the 37th time on Thursday in a series that dates back to 1982. The Beavers are 23-13 all-time against the Beacons but have dropped six consecutive games in the series going back to 2014.
• Dave Murphy hit a three-run homer and senior Kyle Boudrias went 2-for-4 with three RBI to help then-eighth-ranked UMass Boston defeat Babson, 11-2, on April 12, 2018, in Boston.
• Ryan Arena '18 homered and senior Brian McHale doubled and scored for the Beavers, who got five innings of one-run relief from sophomore Peter Feinman.
LAST BABSON WIN
• Jack Halpin '17 and Owen Shea '17 combined to go 7-for-10 with three extra-base hits, five runs scored and 12 runs batted in as the Beavers exploded past UMass Boston, 17-6, on April 10, 2014, in Babson Park.
• Dillon Gonzalez '15 also went 2-for-5 with two RBI and two runs scored for Babson, which broke the game open with a six-run third inning. Dan Mantoni doubled and drove in three runs for the Beacons.
SCOUTING THE BEACONS
• UMass Boston (13-8) has won three straight games and coming off a 4-1 victory at Roger Williams on Wednesday.
• Boudrias and junior Anthony Cecere both had three hits for the Beacons, who overcame making a season-high five errors.
• Boudrias is batting .410 with five doubles, a homer and 17 runs batted in, Cecere is hitting .338 with five doubles, one dinger and 14 RBI, and senior Nick Herzog checks in at .304 with 10 extra-base hits, 18 runs scored and 11 runs driven in.
• Senior Bobby Tramondozzi has seven saves, a 1.15 ERA and 19 strikeouts in 15.2 innings, while sophomore Tylor Arruda is 3-1 with a 2.08 ERA in 26.0 innings this spring.
SCOUTING THE BEAVERS
• No. 14/14 Babson (18-4) returned the win column by defeating Springfield, 3-0, on Wednesday afternoon.
• Sophomore Jordy Allard and three relievers combined on a seven-hit shutout, and the Beavers took advantage of 10 walks in the victory.
• Junior Jake Oliger is batting .360 with seven doubles, four homers and 24 runs batted in, senior Edward Lehr is hitting .325 with six doubles and 16 RBI, and classmate Eric Jaun enters the day with a .318 average to go along with eight extra-base hits, 18 RBI and 17 runs scored.
• Senior Michael Genaro (3-1) boasts a 1.42 ERA in 38.0 innings, and junior William Gallagher is 1-0 with 16 strikeouts in 13.0 innings, and senior Max Tannenbaum has gone 2-0 with five saves in 12 relief appearances for a pitching staff that owns a 3.32 ERA on the year.
CLOSING THE DOOR
• The trio of Gallagher, Tannenbaum and sophomore Henry Leake allowed just one hit and retired nine of 10 batters they faced over the final three innings of Wednesday's win at Springfield.
• They combined to go 3-0 with a 2.14 ERA and 36 strikeouts over 33.2 innings of work out of the bullpen this spring.
• Lehr, Oliger, senior Nicholas Browne and junior Alex DiMartino all walked twice in Wednesday's victory at Springfield.
• Junior catcher Aidan Scott is 4-for-9 (.444) at the plate in a pair of regular season games against UMass Boston over the last two years.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
• The Beavers are 16-0 when taking a lead to the seventh inning this spring.