No. 7/8 Baseball vs. UMass Dartmouth
Monday, April 8 | 3:30 p.m.
Govoni Field | Babson Park, Mass.
• Babson and UMass Dartmouth will meet for the 36th time on Monday in a series that dates back to 1976. The Beavers are 14-21 all-time against the Corsairs but have won eight of the last 11 games between the programs.
• Senior Edward Lehr had two doubles and junior Jake Oliger went 2-for-4 with a double and two RBI to help Babson defeat UMass Dartmouth, 6-2, on April 9, 2018, in Dartmouth, Mass.
• Sophomore Alex Luka fanned six in seven innings to pick up his first career win for the Beavers. Zach Courier went 2-for-4 with a double for the Corsairs.
LAST UMASS DARTMOUTH WIN
• Cory DeMedeiros homered and George Agostini went 3-for-4 with a double and three RBI as the Corsairs defeated Babson, 7-4, on April 13, 2015, in New Bedford, Mass.
• David Lennon '18 drove in a pair of runs and Owen Shea '17 scored twice for the Beavers.
SCOUTING THE CORSAIRS
• UMass Dartmouth (12-17) has dropped six of its last eight games and is coming off a 9-5 loss at No. 3/4 Southern Maine on Tuesday.
• Senior Jack Harrington doubled twice and drove in three runs, while junior Mike Knell had two hits and scored twice for the Corsairs.
• Knell is batting .391 with seven doubles, seven homers and 28 runs batted in, senior Chris Wood is hitting .330 with five doubles and 17 RBI, and junior JR DiSarcina checks in at .318 with 12 extra-base hits, 11 RBI and 23 runs scored.
• Senior Matt Cronin is 2-3 with a 2.10 ERA and 56 strikeouts in 55.2 innings, while junior Nate Tellier has gone 1-2 with four saves, a 2.29 ERA and 30 strikeouts in 19.2 innings out of the bullpen this spring.
SCOUTING THE BEAVERS
• No. 7/10 Babson (25-4) has been idle since last Friday when it defeated Emerson, 11-1, to extend its winning streak to eight.
• Seniors Brian McHale and Eric Jaun, junior Matthew Valente and first-year Sean Burychka each drove in two runs for the Beavers, who got seven shutout innings from senior Michael Genaro.
• Oliger is batting .333 with nine doubles, four homers and 30 runs batted in, Lehr is hitting .327 with seven doubles, a homer and 27 RBI, and Jaun enters the week with a .308 average to go along with 11 doubles, one home run and a career-best 31 runs driven in.
• Genaro is 5-1 with a 1.00 ERA in seven starts, sophomore Henry Leake has recorded 16 strikeouts in 13.0 innings out of the bullpen, and senior Max Tannenbaum is 3-0 with six saves in 15 relief appearances.
RISING TO THE TOP
• Genaro's victory over Emerson was the 23rd of his career, which is now two more than Sam Kilpatrick's '97 previous record of 21.
• He also ranks second on the program's all-time list in innings pitched (234.1) and is fifth with 146 career strikeouts.
CONFERENCE HONORS FOR JAUN
• The senior outfielder was selected as the NEWMAC Player of the Week after batting .385 (5-for-13) with a double, a triple, and a homer to go along with seven RBI and five runs scored in three wins for the Beavers.
• His best performance of the week came in a 9-8 win over Southern Maine as he finished 3-for-4 with a double and a three-run homer.
• Valente has reached base safely in 20 straight games, while junior Sean Harrington has been on base in each of his last 11 outings.
• Jaun (12) and Lehr (11) lead the Green and White in multi-hit games.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
• The Beavers are 12-1 this season when hitting at least one home run.