No. 7/8 Baseball vs. Keene State
Thursday, April 25 | 3:30 p.m.
Govoni Field | Babson Park, Mass.
• Babson and Keene State will meet for the 15th time on Thursday. The Beavers are 7-7 all-time against the Owls and have won four straight games in the series.
• Ryan Arena '18 and Nicholas Browne both homered and were two of five players to drive in at least two runs as Babson defeated the Owls, 16-1, on April 22, 2018, in Keene, N.H.
• Senior Michael Genaro recorded a career-high 10 strikeouts over 7.0 innings for the Beavers. Sophomore Tyler Gammie went 2-for-3 with a double for Keene State.
LAST KEENE STATE WIN
• Peter Burgio, Ian Swewards, and Nick Vita all homered while combining to drive in 10 runs as the Owls outslugged Babson, 21-6, on March 28, 2012, in Babson Park, Mass.
• Chris Kucher '13 had a pair of doubles and current assistant coach Conor Kortmann '13 drove in two runs for the Beavers.
SCOUTING THE OWLS
• Keene State (9-18) is coming off a 5-2 loss at Castleton on Wednesday.
• Connor Longley went 2-for-4 with a home run and two RBI for the Owls, who left nine runners on base in the loss.
• Senior John Tarascio is batting .318 with eight extra-base hits and 14 runs batted in, junior Tom Meucci is hitting .299 with nine doubles, a homer and 14 RBI, and classmate Connor Walsh has a .286 average to go along with eight doubles and 18 runs driven in.
• Senior Connor Johnson has six saves in 13 relief appearances and sophomore Ryan Sliwinski is 1-2 with a 5.12 ERA in 31.2 innings for Keene State, which has struggled on the hill with a 7.39 ERA this spring.
SCOUTING THE BEAVERS
• No. 7/8 Babson (25-5) saw its eight-game winning streak come to an end with a 7-5 loss to UMass Dartmouth on Wednesday.
• Seniors Brian McHale and Edward Lehr both had two hits and combined to score three runs for the Beavers, who were held to just six hits.
• Senior Connor Gill is batting .339 with three doubles and 19 runs scored, Lehr is hitting .330 with eight doubles, a homer and 27 RBI, and junior Jake Oliger enters the day with a .330 average to go along with nine doubles, four home runs and 31 runs driven in.
• Genaro is 5-1 with a 1.00 ERA in seven starts, sophomore Henry Leake has recorded 19 strikeouts in 14.0 innings out of the bullpen, and junior William Gallagher (1-0) is holding opposing hitters to a .117 average to go along with 21 strikeouts in 17.2 innings of work.
CONFERENCE HONORS FOR JAUN
• The senior outfielder was selected as the NEWMAC Player of the Week after batting .385 (5-for-13) with a double, a triple, and a homer to go along with seven RBI and five runs scored in three wins for the Beavers.
• His best performance of the week came in a 9-8 win over Southern Maine as he finished 3-for-4 with a double and a three-run homer.
• In addition to the seven-run, two-out rally two years ago against Keene State, Babson recorded its last no-hitter in a 2015 win against the Owls.
• Nick Malatos '15 left with the bases loaded in the fifth and John Floegel '18 came on and needed just one pitch to escape the jam as the Beavers turned a 9-3-6 triple play to close out a 5-1 victory that was called due to rain.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
• The Beavers have scored at least one run on a sacrifice fly in five consecutive games.