No. 7/8 Baseball vs. Emerson
Saturday, April 27 | 12/3 p.m.
Govoni Field | Babson Park, Mass.
• Babson and Emerson will complete close out its three-game series with a doubleheader that was rained out last Saturday.
• The Beavers are 17-0 all-time against the Lions and have allowed just six runs over the last four games between the teams.
• Senior Michael Genaro tossed seven shutout innings and four different players drove in two runs apiece as then-10th-ranked Babson defeated Emerson, 11-1, on April 19 in Danvers, Mass.
• Senior Brian McHale had two hits, including a double, and two RBI, while classmate Eric Jaun tripled, drove in two runs and scored three times for the Beavers. First-year Louie Davolio homered in the eighth for the Lions.
SCOUTING THE LIONS
• Emerson (7-25, 2-13 NEWMAC) has been idle since its 11-1 loss to Babson last Friday.
• Junior Cam Beattie and Ethan Young each finished with two hits in the opening game of the series for the Lions, who stranded eight runners on base against the Beavers.
• Beattie is batting .347 with seven doubles and 13 runs batted in, Davolio is hitting .316 with five doubles, four triples, a homer and 24 RBI, and sophomore Ryan McCahan enters the weekend with a .302 average to go along with six extra-base hits and 10 runs driven in.
• Fox is 5-4 with a 3.08 ERA and 65 strikeouts in 61.1 innings to leads an Emerson staff that that has a 7.54 ERA and a 1.84 WHIP on the season.
SCOUTING THE BEAVERS
• No. 7/8 Babson (26-5, 13-2 NEWMAC) enters the weekend coming off a 5-0 win over Keene State on Thursday afternoon.
• Sophomore Tyler Bell fired eight shutout innings and junior Zack Sette went 1-for-2 with a double, two RBI and two walks for the Beavers.
• Senior Connor Gill is batting .344 with three doubles and 20 runs scored, junior Jake Oliger is hitting .330 with 15 extra-base hits and 31 runs batted in, and classmate Sean Harrington has raised his average to .320 to go along with four doubles, a home run and 28 RBI.
• Genaro is 5-1 with a 1.00 ERA in seven starts, sophomore Henry Leake has recorded 19 strikeouts in 14.0 innings out of the bullpen, and junior William Gallagher (1-0) is holding opposing hitters to a .111 average to go along with 23 strikeouts in 18.2 innings of work.
CONFERENCE TITLE RACE ENTERS FINAL WEEKEND
• The Green and White enters the final Saturday of league play one game behind Wheaton in the standings in its quest to claim a third straight NEWMAC regular season title.
• The Beavers, who dropped two of three to the Lyons in early April, must make up one game to grab a share of the regular season title, and need to sweep Emerson and have Wheaton drop both games of a doubleheader against MIT to claim the top seed in next week's NEWMAC Tournament.
ANSWERING THE BELL
• Bell struck out six and gave up just four hits over a career-high 8.0 innings to improve to 2-0 with Thursday's win.
• He has not given up a run in 14.0 innings over his first two starts, and has tossed 19 straight shutout innings in all over seven appearances dating back to March 25.
RISING TO THE TOP OF THE REGION
• The Green and White debuted at No. 1 when the NCAA released its first regional rankings on Wednesday, coming in ahead of Southern Maine, Wheaton and Trinity.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
• The Beavers have won 32 of their last 36 games at Govoni Field going backto April 22, 2017.