Men's Golf at the Williams Invitational
Saturday-Sunday, September 22-23
Taconic Golf Club | Williamstown, Mass.
• The Babson men's golf team returns to the Williams Invitational for the third year in a row this weekend. The Beavers will tee it up at 1 p.m. on Saturday and 9 a.m. on Sunday against some of the top teams from the northeast region.
• Taconic Golf Club, a 6,808-yard, par 71 layout built in 1927 and renovated by renowned golf course architect Gil Hanse, has hosted three USGA Championships and four NCAA Championships in its storied history. Taconic GC has also been selected as one of the United States' Top 100 Golf Courses You Can Play by Golf Magazine.
LAST TIME AT WILLIAMS
• Sophomore Lane Bohman carded rounds of 77-73 to tie for 12th position at 8-over par as Babson finished fourth at the 2017 Williams Invitational.
• Juniors Chris Bornhorst and Martin Jensen, who closed with an even-par 71, finished in a tie for 20th place at 11-over par.
SCOUTING THE BEAVERS
• Babson tees it up for the third weekend in a row coming off a fourth-place finish at the Middlebury Duke Nelson Invitational last weekend.
• Bohman came in second overall at even-par after firing back-to-back rounds of 71 and first-year Nicholas Gianelos grabbed a share of 10th place at 5-over for the Beavers, who posted a 36-hole team score of 592.
• Bornhorst leads the Green and White with a 72.75 stroke average, Bohman (73.25) is just 1-over par over his last 54 holes, and Gianelos is third on the squad with a 74.00 average after firing a 1-over 72 in his final round at Middlebury.
• In four competitive rounds this season, Babson boasts a 297.00 team stroke average.
CAC HONORS FOR BORNHORST
• Bornhrost was tabbed as the CAC Golfer of the Week on Tuesday after opening with a runner-up finish at Trinity at a T-14 result at Middlebury last weekend. Bornhorst, who earned his first award from the Beavers' new conference, was a four-time NECC Player of the Week last fall.
SUCCESS AT TACONIC
• The Green and White has recorded eight top-five finishes all-time at the Williams Invitational, which includes finishing third in both 2009 and 2012.
• Babson's best 36-hole score at historic Taconic GC is 583, which was good for fifth place, back in 2006.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
• Last year's total of 584 by Trinity was the lowest winning score at Williams since the Ephs posted 584 back in 2012.