Men's Golf at the Saratoga National Invitational
Saturday, October 13 – 11:30 a.m. | Sunday, October 14 – 10:30 a.m.
Saratoga National Golf Club | Saratoga Springs, N.Y.
• Following a weekend off, the Babson men's golf team returns to competition at the Saratoga National Invitational hosted by Skidmore beginning on Saturday. The two-day event will wrap up on Sunday afternoon.
• Saratoga National GC is a 6,744-yard par 72 course in picturesque Saratoga Springs. The course came in at No. 85 in Golf Digest's ranking of America's Greatest Public Courses back in 2009.
• The Beavers will once again take on a high-level field that includes many of the top teams in the northeast region.
• Williams, Trinity and NYU, which finished just ahead of Babson at the Duke Nelson Invitational in mid-September will all be in Saratoga, along with the host Thoroughbreds, Rensselaer and Farmingdale State.
SCOUTING THE BEAVERS
• Babson returns to action after finishing in a tie for first place along with 15th-ranked Greensboro at the Royal Lakes-Oglethorpe Invitational on October 1-2 outside Atlanta.
• The Beavers posted a team score of 8-over par 584 in a strong 18-team field that featured five nationally-ranked program and five others that are receiving votes in the GCAA/Bushnell Division III poll.
• Junior Chris Bornhorst tied for fourth overall with rounds of 70-72 to finish at 2-under, while sophomore Lane Bohman (75-72) and first-year Burt Gesner (73-74) both tied for 19th position at 3-over par 147.
• Bornhorst has finished at par or better in four of eight rounds and leads the team with a 73.25 stroke average, Bohman has three even-par rounds and owns a 74.00 average, and first-year Nicholas Gianelos is third on the team in scoring at 74.75.
NEW YORK STATE OF MIND
• The Beavers will make their second trip to Saratoga Springs area for the second time in sixth months after winning Skidmore's Tim Brown Invitational last April at Ballston Spa Country Club
• Bornhorst shot 70-67 to finish in fourth place at 4-under par, while sophomore Reed Wilson tied for seventh at 8-over as the Green and White posted a 598 total to edge Division II St. Thomas Aquinas by one shot.
• Babson has posted four top-five finishes in four events this fall, which includes a runner-up result at Trinity on September 8-9 and a fourth-place showing at Middlebury on Septmeber 15-16.
• Going back to last season, the Green and White has recorded 12 consecutive top-five finishes in 36-hole events, a stretch that includes six tournament wins.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
• The Beavers have broken 300 as a team in four of their eight rounds this fall.