Men's Golf at the Duke Nelson Invitational
Saturday, September 14 – 1 p.m. | Sunday, September 16 – 9 a.m.
Ralph Myhre Golf Club | Middlebury, Vt.
• The Babson golf team will make its 27th consecutive appearance at Middlebury's Duke Nelson Invitational beginning on Saturday afternoon.
• The Beavers will play 36 holes over two days at Ralph Myhre Golf Club, a par-71, 6,379-yard course nestled along the Green Mountains.
2018 DUKE NELSON INVITATIONAL RECAP
• Junior Lane Bohman fired back-to-back rounds of 71 to come in second at even-par as Babson finished fourth in the 22-team field at Middlebury last September.
• Sophomore Nicholas Gianelos grabbed a share of 10th place at 5-over par, while senior Chris Bornhorst finished one shot behind him in a tie for 14th position at 6-over for the Beavers.
• Babson's 36-hole team total of 592 left them eight shots back of first-place Williams.
SCOUTING THE BEAVERS
• Babson is coming off a wire-to-wire victory to open the season at Trinity's Bill Detrick Invitational last weekend.
• Gianelos closed with a 2-under par 70 to finish second with a 36-hole total of even-par 144, while first-year Jackson Rothwell tied for third at 1-over as the Beavers posted a team score of 5-over 581 to finish 15 shots clear of 17th-ranked Trinity.
• Bornhorst and first-year Sean Fitzgerald both shot 72-74 to tie for fourth place for the Green and White, which recorded its first victory at Trinity since 2010.
• After finishing ahead of the Bantams, Amherst and Tufts last weekend, Babson will face a number of the northeast's top programs at Middlebury.
• The host Panthers are looking win their home event for the first time since 2013, Williams has posted two straight top-five results at the Duke Nelson, and NYU came in third a season ago.
IN THE MIX AT MIDDLEBURY
• The Beavers are the only team to finish with a team score below 620 in each of the last four seasons at the Duke Nelson Invitational.
• During this stretch the Green and White has recorded four top-six finishes, which includes a win and a runner-up result while posting an average 36-hole total of 599.00.
• Bohman owns a 70.5 stroke average in four career rounds at Ralph Myhre GC and has finished first and second in two starts at the Duke Nelson Invitational.
• Bornhorst boasts a 73.83 scoring average in six rounds at Middlebury and has recorded three top-15 finishes at the tournament.
NUMBER TO KNOW
• The Beavers own seven victories and have not finished outside the top five in their last 12 fall tournaments going back to 2017.