Men's Ice Hockey vs. Southern Maine
Saturday, November 3 | 4 p.m.
Babson Skating Center | Babson Park, Mass.
• Babson and Southern Maine will meet for the 38th time on Saturday in a series that dates back to 1995. The Beavers are 28-8-1 all-time against the Huskies and have won 14 straight in the series doing back to 2012-13.
• Seven different players scored and Charlie Ackerman '18 finished with three assists as the Beavers defeated Southern Maine, 7-3, on Feburary 9, 2018, in Babson Park.
• Seniors Matt Brazel and Tommy Munichiello and sophomore Nick Rosa all scored for Babson. Brendan Murphy finished with two goals for the Huskies.
LAST SOUTHERN MAINE WIN
• Dan Rautenberg scored a pair of second-period goals and Braely Torris made 28 saves as the sixth-seeded Huskies defeated thiord-seeded Babson, 2-1, in an ECAE East Tournament quarterfinal on February 28, 2012, in Babson Park.
• Mike Driscoll '15 scored the Beavers' lone goal 3:23 into the first period.
SCOUTING THE HUSKIES
• Southern Maine (0-1-0, 0-1-0 NEHC) opened its season with a 6-2 loss at UMass Boston on Friday night.
• Senior Tyler Mathieu scored twice and sophomore Jonathan Batruccio-Pereira and first-year Matthew Smith each recorded an assist for the Huskies, who trailed 5-0 midway through the second period.
• Senior Parker Sanderson (6-4-10) and sophomore Michael Taormina (4-6-10) combined to score five times on the power play last season.
• Sophomore Anthony D'Aloisio, who made 34 saves on Friday, went 3-15-4 with a 3.47 goals against average and a .889 save percentage in 22 starts last winter.
SCOUTING THE BEAVERS
• Babson (1-0-1, 0-0-1 NEHC) opened confrence play with a 2-2 OT tie against New England College on Friday night.
• First-year Ryan Black had a goal and an assist and classmate Matt Wiesner tied the game at 11:46 of the third period for the Beavers, who outshot the Pilgrims 37-31.
• Rosa (2-1-3) and Wieser (2-0-2) have combined for four goals, Black and first-year Mike Egan have both scored on the power play, and senior Connor Dahlman (0-2-2) leads the team in assists.
• Seniors Bryan Botcher and Matt Pompa have each started once combining to post a 1.92 goals against average and a .943 save percentage.
HOME FOR THE LONG HAUL
• Friday night's conference opener against NEC was the first of four straight games at home and part of a stretch of nine of the next 11 contests at inside the friendly confines of the Babson Skating Center for the Beavers.
• The Green and White, which went 8-3-1 at home last season, will begin conference play by hosting four consecutive NEHC foes over the next two weekends.
NEHC RECOGNITION FOR EGAN, ROSA
• Egan, who contributed a goal and an assist in last Saturday's season-opening win over Saint Anselm, was selected as the league's rookie of the week last Monday. Rosa was named to the NEHC Honor Roll after matching his career with three points against the Hawks.
MAKING IT TOUGH ON THE HUSKIES
• Botcher and Pompa have combined to go 7-0-0 with a 0.86 goals against average, a .966 save percentage and four shutouts over the last three seasons against Southern Maine.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
• The Beavers are 3-for-7 this season and have scored on the power play in four consecutive games going back to last year.