Men's Ice Hockey vs. Castleton
Friday, November 9 | 7 p.m.
Babson Skating Center | Babson Park, Mass.
• Babson and Castleton will meet for the 26th time on Friday night in a series that dates back to 2004. The Beavers are 16-5-4 all-time against the Spartans and have gone 5-0-1 in six matchups over the last three seasons.
• Charlie Ackerman '18, Matt McMorrow '18 and sophomore Nick Rosa all scored to lift the Beavers to a 3-1 win over Castleton on January 27, 2018, in Babson Park.
• Jimmy Burns had a goal for the Spartans, while sophomore Patrick Flynn chipped in with an assist for Babson, which got 22 saves from senior goaltender Matt Pompa.
LAST CASTLETON WIN
• Erick Mack and Charles Bando each scored in the second period and Ryan Mulder stopped a then-career-high 46 shots as Castleton topped Babson, 3-1, on January 30, 2015, in Rutland, Vt.
• Senior Rob Devaney scored the Beavers lone goal in the loss.
SCOUTING THE SPARTANS
• Castleton (0-1-2, 0-1-1 NEHC) is coming off a 4-4 OT tie against Skidmore last Saturday.
• First-year Asa Palker finished with two goals and one assist for the Spartans, who erased an early two-goal deficit and pulled event on classmate Anton Tarvainen's shorthanded tally at 12:23 of the third period.
• Palker (3-2-5), Tarvainen (2-3-1) and junior Troy Taylor (2-0-2) have combined for four power play goals, while first-year Jahwara Rennalls (0-2-2) is tied for the team lead in assists.
• Senior Wyatt Pickrell has started all three games posting a 3.19 goals against average and a .905 save percentage in between the pipes.
SCOUTING THE BEAVERS
• Babson (2-0-1, 1-0-1 NEHC) picked up its first conference win of the year by defeating Southern Maine, 6-4, last Saturday.
• Senior Tommy Munichiello and first-year Matt Wiesner both scored twice, while fellow rookie Mike Egan added a goal and two assists for the Beavers, who built a four-goal advantage early in the third period.
• Rosa (3-3-6) and Egan (2-3-5) have both scored once on the power play, Wiesner (4-0-4) has a goal in each game, and Munichiello (2-2-4) produced three points on the opening weekend of NEHC play.
• Pompa (2-0-0) and fellow senior Bryan Botcher (0-0-1) have combined to post a 2.59 goals against average and a .922 save percentage in goal.
FIRST LINE PRODUCTION
• The Beavers' top line of Munichiello, Rosa and Egan produced four goals and five assists in Saturday's victory over Southern Maine.
TAKING ADVANTAGE WITH A MAN ADVANTAGE
• The Green and White has scored on the power play in each of its first three outings and has converted a league-best 30.8 percent (4-of-13) of its opportunities to begin the season.
HERE TO ASSIST
• Junior Connor Dahlman leads the team and is tied for second among NEHC defenseman with three assists over Babson's first three contests.
NEW FACES MAKING AN IMPACT
• Egan, Wiesner and first-year Ryan Black have combined for four multi-point games as 11 of Babson's 13 rookies have seen ice time over the first three games of the season.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
• The Beavers are unbeaten (7-0-1) over their last eight games when scoring at least three goals going back to January of last season.