Men's Ice Hockey vs. No. 8/10 Norwich
Saturday, November 10 | 4 p.m.
Babson Skating Center | Babson Park, Mass.
• Babson and Norwich will meet for the 73rd time on Saturday in a series that dates back to the 1975-76 campaign. The Beavers are 24-41-7 all-time against the Cadets and are looking to snap a four-game winless streak in the series.
• Kevin Salvucci completed his hat trick with a pair of goals over the final 5:32 of the third period to help Norwich defeat the Beavers, 5-3, on January 26, 2018, in Babson Park.
• Connor Evangelista and sophomore Kale Kane also scored for the Cadets. Matt McMorrow '18, Ryan Gouveia '18 and junior Connor Dahlman all had a goal for Babson, which scored twice on the power play in less than three minutes to erase a 3-1 deficit midway through the third period.
LAST BABSON WIN
• Rob Devaney '18 finished with two goals and one assist and Jamie Murray '16 made 24 saves as the second-seeded Beavers defeated third-seeded Norwich, 5-0, in an NEHC Tournament semifinal on February 27, 2016, in Babson Park.
• Gouveia, Michael Phillips '17 and Charlie Ackerman '18 all scored once for the Beavers, who broke the game open with three third-period tallies.
SCOUTING THE CADETS
• No. 8 USCHO/No. 10 D3hockey.com Norwich (2-1-1, 2-1-0) suffered a 4-2 loss at RV/No. 14 UMass Boston on Friday night.
• Sophomore Felix Brassard had a goal and an assist and Kane scored early in the third period for the Cadets, who were unable to recover after giving up three goals in the opening nine minutes of the contest.
• Brassard (1-2-3) is one of 10 different players to score a goal through the first four games, while first-year Gabriel Chicoine (0-3-3) leads the team in assists.
• Junior goaltender Tom Aubrun has posted a 2.47 goals against average and a .897 save percentage in four starts this season.
SCOUTING THE BEAVERS
• Babson (3-0-1, 2-0-1 NEHC) remained unbeaten with a 2-1 win over Castleton on Friday night.
• Sophomore Nick Rosa scored twice and first-year Mike Egan chipped in with two assists for the Beavers, who got 21 saves from senior netminder Bryan Botcher.
• Rosa (5-3-8) is tied for the conference lead in scoring, Egan (2-5-7) is tied for first in the NEHC in assists, and first-year Matt Wiesner (4-0-4) has scored at least a goal in three of the first four games.
• Botcher and fellow senior Matt Pompa have combined to post a 2.20 goals against average and a .927 save percentage through four games.
DOWN TO THE WIRE
• Despite going 0-3-1 over their last four games against Norwich, all four contests have been decided in the closing minutes. The Beavers gave up empty net goals in the final 30 seconds in both of last year's meetings on the heels of a 2-2 OT tie and a 2-0 loss that was scoreless until the final four minutes during the 2016-17 campaign.
TOP LINE PRODUCTION
• Babson's top forward line of Rosa, Egan and senior Tommy Munichiello has combined for nine goals and 10 assists for 19 points over the four games.
• Rosa and Egan have both recorded three multi-point games, while Munichiello had two goals and registered three points in all in last Saturday's win over Southern Maine.
GETTING ON THE BOARD
• First-year defenseman John Corrigan recorded his first career assist in Friday's win over Castleton and in the process became the fifth of Babson's 12 rookie skaters to contribute to the scoring this season.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
• The Beavers are unbeaten in their last 25 November home games, going 23-0-2 since suffering a 4-2 loss to Skidmore back on November 16, 2012.