No. 13/11 Men's Ice Hockey vs. Tufts
Tuesday, November 20 | 7 p.m.
Babson Skating Center | Babson Park, Mass.
• Babson and Tufts will meet for the 17th time overall and just the second time since 2011 on Tuesday night in a series that dates back to the 1991-92 campaign. The Beavers are 14-2-0 all-time against the Jumbos.
• Ryan Gouveia '18 had a goal and an assist and Charlie Ackerman '18 and junior Connor Dahlman both scored to help Babson defeat Tufts, 3-1, on November 21, 2017, in Malden, Mass.
• Senior Matt Pompa stopped 20 of 21 shots for the Beavers. Craig Uyeno scored the Jumbos' lone goal 6:34 into the second period.
LAST TUFTS WIN
• Mike Vitale and Andy Davis both scored on the power play as the Jumbos edged Babson, 2-1, on January 8, 2010, in Malden. Terry Woods '11 scored with 3:59 left in regulation for the Beavers, who got 28 saves from Zeke Testa '13.
SCOUTING THE JUMBOS
• Tufts (0-2-0) is coming off a 1-0 loss to Wesleyan on Saturday.
• Sophomore goaltender Drew Hotte made 28 saves for the Jumbos, who held a 29-19 edge in shots but went 0-for-3 on the power play against the Cardinals
• Tufts returns 21 players from a team that went 5-16-4 and reached the NESCAC Tournament quarterfinals last season.
• Junior Tyler Scroggins (6-7-13) is the team's top returning scorer, while sophomores Mason Babbidge and Charley Borek both produced four goals and four assist for eight points last winter.
SCOUTING THE BEAVERS
• No. 13 USCHO.com/No. 11 D3hockey.com Babson (6-0-1) extended its winning streak to five with a 5-1 victory at Johnson & Wales on Saturday.
• Sophomore Christian Faggas, classmate Nick Rosa and first-year Mike Egan all finished with a goal and an assist for the Beavers, who used five unanswered tallies to pull away from the Wildcats.
• Rosa (7-5-12) leads the Green and White with three game-winning goals, Egan (3-7-10) is first on the team in assists, and senior Tommy Munichiello (2-6-8) has registered four points of the last three games.
• Pompa and fellow senior Bryan Botcher have combined to post a 1.98 goals against average and a .934 save percentage over Babson's first seven contests.
CONFERENCE RECOGNITION FOR BOTCHER, ROSA
• Botcher stopped 33 of 34 shots in Friday's 2-1 win at Suffolk and was selected as the NEHC Goaltender of the Week on Monday. In three starts on the year Botcher boasts a 1.30 goals against average and a .954 save percentage.
• Additionally, Rosa was named to the league's honor roll after producing a goal and two assists in two victories.
PENALTY KILLING PROWESS
• The Beavers have killed off 23-of-26 penalties through seven games for an 88.46 percent success rate, which ranks 19th in Division III.
• Going back to the second period of a 2-1 win over Castleton on November 9, Babson has held its opponents scoreless on 14 consecutive power play opportunities.
• The Green and White, which has played four of its last six games inside the Babson Skating Center, will begin a five-game home stand against Tufts on Tuesday night.
• Babson is 7-0-1 over its last eight games at home and has outscored its opponents 34-18 during this stretch.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
• The Beavers are 4-0-1 this season and 58-6-7 going back to the 2013-14 campaign when allowing two goals or less.