No. 14/15 Men's Ice Hockey vs. Johnson & Wales
Friday, January 25 | 7 p.m.
Babson Skating Center | Babson Park, Mass.
• Babson and Johnson & Wales will meet for just the second time on Friday night. The Beavers won the first matchup between the teams back in November.
• Sophomores Christian Faggas and Nick Rosa and first-year Mike Egan all finished with a goal and an assist to help Babson defeat Johnson & Wales, 5-1, on November 17 in Providence, R.I.
• Senior Stevie DeForge and sophomore Patrick Flynn each added a goal for the Beavers. Sophomore Jordon Stone scored 55 seconds into the first period for the Wildcats.
SCOUTING THE WILDCATS
• Johnson & Wales (4-12-3, 2-7-2 NEHC) picked up its first win in its last nine contests by defeating Southern Maine, 4-2, last Saturday.
• Seniors Ryan Sete and Chad Guderian and junior Matt Bernot each finished with a goal and an assist for the Wildcats, who went in front for good on Guderian's tally 1:10 into the third period.
• Junior Connor Bechtel (8-8-16) leads the team in goals, Bernot (6-5-11) has scored twice on the power play, and junior Conor Cassidy (3-8-11) is tied for the team lead in assists.
• Sophomore Mike Rockwell is 2-8-3 with a 3.88 goals against average and a .889 save percentage in 13 starts, while senior Tyler Ellor (2-2-0) owns a 2.54 GAA and .932 save percentage in six appearances.
SCOUTING THE BEAVERS
• No. 14 USCHO.com/No. 15 D3hockey.com Babson (13-4-2, 8-2-2 NEHC) improved to 5-1-1 over its last seven games with a 7-2 win at Castleton last Saturday.
• Egan and first-year Jack Nisbet both scored twice and fellow rookies Matt Wiesner and Ryan Black both finished with a goal and an assist for the Beavers, who got point from 10 different players.
• Rosa (12-13-25) is tied for first in the league in scoring, Egan (10-11-21) has produced 15 points in 12 conference games, and the duo of Wiesner (12-6-18) and Black (5-13-18) have combined for four power play goals this winter.
• Senior Bryan Botcher has gone 7-2-1 with a 2.07 goals against average and a .927 save percentage, while classmate Matt Pompa (6-2-1) owns a 2.97 GAA and a .911 save percentage.
• Rosa recorded a career-high three assists and first-year defenseman Ryan Campbell contributed the first two-assist game of his career in Saturday's victory at Castleton.
HOME, SWEET HOME
• After playing seven consecutive road games to begin the second half of the season, Friday's tilt with Johnson & Wales will be the first on home ice for the Green and White since December 1.
• The Beavers are 5-3-1 inside the Babson Skating Center this season, which includes a 4-1-1 mark against NEHC foes.
STRONG ON THE PENALTY KILL
• The Beavers have not allowed a power play goal in any of their last four games as opponents have gone 0-for-18 with an extra attacker on the ice.
• For the year, Babson ranks 10th in Division III with a success rate of 89.19 percent (66-of-74) on the penalty kill.
• Babson's top line of Black, Rosa and Egan has each produced points in five of the last six games, and has combined to record 11 goals and 16 assists during this stretch.
• Additionally, Wiesner has notched at least a point in four of the last five contests and has three goals and two assists during this period.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
• The Beavers are 11-1-1 on the year when scoring at least three goals.