Men's Lacrosse vs. Mass. Maritime
Saturday, March 30 | 3 p.m.
MacDowell Field | Babson Park, Mass.
• Babson and Mass. Maritime will meet for the 27th time on Saturday afternoon in a series that dates back to the 1978.
• The Beavers are 25-1 all-time against the Buccaneers and have won 21 straight matchups going back to 1990.
• Senior Samuel Mishkind scored four goals as Visiting Babson defeated Mass. Maritime, 10-4, on March 30, 2018, at Clean Harbors Stadium in Buzzards Bay, Mass.
• Junior Owen Allen chipped in with two goals, sophomore Mason O'Hanlon added one goal and a team-high two assists, and junior Christopher Aranalde turned away three shots in the win for the Beavers. Cody Livermore scored twice to pace the Buccaneers.
LAST MASS. MARITIME WIN
• The Buccaneers edged Babson, 5-3, in 1988.
SCOUTING THE BUCCANEERS
• Mass. Maritime (4-2, 0-0 NEWMAC) has won three games in a row after defeating Southern Maine, 13-11, last Saturday.
• Junior Ben Avakian scored nine times and chipped in with an assist, senior Kenneth Parnell logged three assists, and classmate Michael Dolan recorded 12 saves in the win for the Buccaneers, who led by as many as six goals in the victory.
• Avakian (24-6-30) has recorded at least three goals in the last five games, senior Ted Powers (15-7-22) leads the team with four man-up goals and junior Michael Sharry (1-3-4) has won 51-of-95 face-offs this year in addition to picking up 29 ground balls.
• Senior Andrew Cook leds the team with 12 caused turnovers, while Dolan has posted a 10.18 goals against average to go along with a .516 save percentage in six starts.
SCOUTING THE BEAVERS
• Babson (4-4, 0-0 NEWMAC) picked up its second win in as many games when it downed Clarkson, 16-8, on March 21, at Auto Nation Field in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
• Senior Niall Dillon finished with a career-high six goals, Mishkind and junior Thomas Jung recorded three goals apiece, and Aranalde finished with a season-high 16 saves for the Beavers, who outscored the Golden Knights 7-1 in the fourth quarter.
• Mishkind (22-4-26) is tied for eighth in the nation with seven man-up goals, Dillon (13-9-22) is first on the team in assists, and Allen (11-3-14) has scored in three consecutive outings.
• Sophomores John Antaya and Jack Tague lead the Green and White with 21 ground balls and 10 caused turnovers apiece, while Aranalde has posted a 10.66 goals against average to go along with a .544 save percentage in eight starts.
NEWMAC COACHES MAKE THEIR PICKS
• After grabbing a share of last year's regular season title along with Coast Guard and Springfield, Babson was picked to finish third in the NEWMAC preseason coaches' poll back in February.
PRODUCING AGAINST THE PIRATES
• Mishkind (8-0-8 and Allen (5-1-6) have combined to scored 13 goals over the last two seasons against Mass. Maritime.
• Dillon and fellow senior Brendan Duffy have also combined to put up three goals and four assists in the last two meetings against the Buccaneers.
MAKING OPPONENTS PAY FOR PENALTIES
• The Green and White ranks 19th in Division III having scored on 44.4 percent (16-of-36) of its man-up chances through eight games.
• Babson, which has tallied at least one man-up goal in nine straight games, scored seven times in 10 chances in wins over Vassar and Clarkson.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
• The Beavers have outscored their opponents 26-12 in the fourth quarter this spring.