Men's Lacrosse vs Clark
Saturday, April 20 | 3 p.m.
MacDowell Field | Babson Park, Mass.
• Babson and Clark will meet for the 22nd time on Saturday in a series that dates back to the 1994 campaign. The Beavers are 21-1 all-time against the Cougars although the lone loss came two years ago at MacDowell Field.
• Junior Owen Allen scored a pair of fourth-quarter goals and the Beavers held Clark scoreless over the final 21 minutes to record an 8-7 win on April 21, 2018, in Worcester.
• Senior Samuel Mishkind recorded two goals and an assist, classmate Brendan Duffy picked up four groundballs to go along with a goal and an assist, and junior goalkeeper Christopher Aranalde stopped 14 shots in the victory. Brandon King scored four times for the Cougars, who led 7-4 with 6:04 to go in the third quarter.
LAST CLARK WIN
• King scored four of his five goals in the second half and the Cougars finished the game with a 6-1 run to defeat the Beavers, 14-9, on April 22, 2017, in Babson Park.
• Will Mandracchia had three goals and Drew Riopelle-Tyrell finished with five ground balls and four caused turnovers in addition to making 10 saves. Axel Brown '18 scored three times for Babson.
SCOUTING THE COUGARS
• Clark (8-6, 3-1 NEWMAC) slipped by Skidmore, 9-8, to pick up its fourth win in a row on Wednesday night.
• Junior Bobby Philbin tied for game-high honors with three goals, senior Jack Pierce scored twice, junior Andrew Hollerbach logged a goal and two assists for the Cougars, who went in front for good thanks to a man-up tally with 7:45 to go in the fourth.
• Junior Chris Rasco (42-3-45) and senior Brandon King (27-8-35) have combined to score 12 man-up goals, Jack Mandracchia (13-22-35) is fourth in the league in assists, and Philbin ranks second in Division III in face-off winning percentage (78.0).
• Senior Tyler Sullivan leads the team with 14 caused turnovers, while classmate Nathan Maselek has a 10.20 goals against average to go along with a NEWMAC-best .612 save percentage in 12 starts.
SCOUTING THE BEAVERS
• Babson (8-4, 4-0 NEWMAC) defeated Wheaton, 11-4, for its third consecutive win on Wednesday night at MacDowell Field.
• Senior Niall Dillon led all players with four goals and two assists, Allen scored three times, and first-year Jack Gregory won 11-of-15 face-offs for the Beavers.
• Mishkind (36-9-45) and Dillon (23-16-39) have combined to score 13 man-up goals, Allen (23-10-33) has a goal in eight straight games, and sophomore Jack Tague leads the Green and White with 35 ground balls and 22 caused turnovers.
• Gregory and first-year Hutch Torregrosa are winning 44.4 percent of their faceoffs, while Aranalde ranks second in the conference in both goals against average (9.01) and save percentage (.556) in 13 starts.
MOVIN' ON UP
• Mishkind ranks fifth in program history with 124 goals and is now three points away from being the ninth player in Babson history to reach the 150 mark.
• With his six-point effort on Wednesday Dillon is now 12th on the school's all-time scoring list, while Allen enters Saturday's contest four points shy of 100 for his career.
LEADERS OF THE PACK
• Through its first four conference outings, the Green and White ranks first in goals against average (4.00), ground balls per game (35.5), and caused turnovers per game (10.75), and are also second in clearing percentage (87.6).
• Individually, Mishkind is tied for first in league player with 12 goals, Allen ranks second in points (18), and Tague is second with eight caused turnovers.
• Prior to the start of Saturday's home finale Dillon, Duffy, Mishkind, seniors Brett Bottomley and Eric Torbett, and graduate student Jack O'Donoghue will be honored. This group helped Babson claim a share of just its second conference regular season title since 1990 last season, and has won 35 games over the last four years.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
• In the 240 minutes played over their first four NEWMAC games, the Beavers have trailed for a grand total of just 6:23.