Alpine Ski at Crotched Mountain
Friday, January 18 | 9:30 a.m.
• The Babson men's and women's alpine ski teams are set to compete in a pair of slalom races at Crotched Mountain beginning on Friday morning.
• The MacConnell Division was originally set to visit both Crotched Mountain and Pat's Peak this weekend, but weather issues forced a change in the schedule.
LAST TIME AT CROTCHED MOUNTAIN
• Four different skiers posted top-10 results in both the slalom and giant slalom on February 4-5, 2017, at Crotched Mountain.
• The Babson women came in second in the GS and third in the slalom, while the Beavers placed second in the giant slalom and fourth in the slalom in the men's races.
• Junior Elizabeth Baer came in fifth in the slalom and third in the giant slalom, while classmate Sean Robinson backed up his seventh-place showing in the GS with a sixth-place result in the slalom. Fellow junior MacIntyre Henderson earned Babson's lone podium finish by coming in third in the men's GS.
SCOUTING THE BABSON WOMEN
• The Beavers opened the season by coming in third in the slalom and ninth in the giant slalom at Okemo Mountain.
• Sophomore Sarah Mangiacotti finished seventh in the slalom and third in the GS, while Baer and first-year Julia Martin placed ninth and 15th respectively, in the slalom.
• Mangiacotti was the lone Babson skier to complete two runs in the giant slalom on Friday.
SCOUTING THE BABSON MEN
• The Green and White followed up a third-place finish in the slalom by placing second in the giant slalom last Thursday and Friday at Okemo.
• Henderson came in third in the slaom and fifth in the GS, while Robinson placed sixth in the slaom and 13th in the giant slalom.
• Junior Jack Blanchard finished fourth in the GS and first-year Victor Wiacek placed 33rd in the slalom in his collegiate debut.
WHAT TO WATCH FOR
• League rival Castleton recorded a pair of first-place finishes on the women's side and finished first in the GS and second in the slalom on the men's side.
• Clarkson's earned the only other first-place finish in the slalom last weekend at Okemo.
WHAT'S UP NEXT
• Following Friday's races at Crotched Mountain, the Beavers and their MacConnell Division foes travel to Whiteface Mountain in Lake Placid, N.Y., for two days of giant slalom races on January 26-27.