Men's Soccer vs. Lesley
Tuesday, September 11 | 4 p.m.
Hartwell-Rogers Field | Babson Park, Mass.
• Babson and Lesley will meet for the eighth time on Tuesday afternoon in a series that dates back to 2011.
• The Beavers are 7-0-0 all-time against the Lynx.
• Sophomore Youcef Ziad scored twice and senior Noah Parker contributed a goal and an assist as the Beavers erupted for four second-half tallies in a 4-0 win over Lesley on September 12, 2017, in Babson Park.
• Junior Alex Crompton also scored, while classmate Chris Czarnecki and sophomore Andrew Josephs each contributed an assist in the victory.
SCOUTING THE LYNX
• Lesley (0-2-1) is winless in its last four matches going back to last year following Saturday's 1-0 loss to Wentworth.
• Junior Patrick Corcoran finished with 12 saves for the Lynx, which were outshot 23-7 and conceded the only goal of the match in the 66th minute.
• Sophomore Liam Perrine notched the team's lone goal of the season in a 1-1 draw against Curry back on September 5.
• Corcoran, who has made two starts, and junior David Crutchfield have combined to post a 0.92 goals against average and a .909 save percentage.
SCOUTING THE BEAVERS
• Babson (1-0-2) remained unbeaten and picked up its first win of the year with a 2-0 triumph over then-fourth-ranked Brandeis on Saturday.
• Crompton and first-year Ross Shellow scored just over 11 minutes apart in the second to help the Beavers pick up their first win over a ranked foe since knocking off then-No. 24 Springfield in OT on October 15, 2016.
• Crompton, Shellow and first-year Mitchell Collins all have one goal on the year, while five different players have contributed an assist over the first three matches.
• Junior goalkeeper Steven Heintzelman has started all three games posting a 0.29 goals against average, a .950 save percentage and two shutouts.
• Erik Isbrandtsen '94 tragically lost his life in the terrorist attacks on the World Trade Center on September 11, 2001. A four-year member of the men's soccer program at Babson, Isbrandtsen finished his career with 11 goals and 16 assists while helping the Beavers to an overall record of 60-11-4 and four NCAA Tournament berths from 1990-93. Isbrandtsen was an industrial sales trader at Cantor Fitzgerald.
DEFENSE RULES THE DAY
• In addition to Heintzelman's play, the Beavers back line anchored by senior Jackson Greenspan has conceded just one goal over their first three matches.
• The Green and White enters Tuesday's game having not allowed a goal in over 242 minutes going back to the season opener at Dickinson.
• For his work, Greenspan was tabbed as the NEWMAC Defensive Player of the Week on Monday.
NON-CONFERENCE HOME DOMINANCE
• Over the last two calendar years, Babson is 10-1-3 at home against non-conference opponents. The Green and White has outscored its foes 31-8 while posting nine shutouts.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
• The Beavers have won 15 of their last 16 games when scoring two or more goals.