Men's Soccer at Wheaton
Saturday, October 13 | 3 p.m.
Keefe Field | Norton, Mass.
• Babson and Wheaton will meet for the 38th time on Saturday afternoon in a series that dates back to 1990. The Beavers are 17-20-0 all-time against the Lyons and have won 11 of the last 16 matches between the sides.
• Junior Chris Czarnecki scored twice and senior Noah Parker added a goal and two assists as the Beavers defeated Wheaton, 5-1, on October 14, 2017, in Babson Park.
• Juniors Alex Crompton and Youcef Ziad both added late goals for Babson, which Amara Sesay scored late in the first half for the Lyons.
LAST WHEATON WIN
• Roni Diniz converted a feed from Sesay in the 104th minute as Wheaton defeated the Beavers, 2-1, in a NEWMAC Tournament semifinal on November 5, 2016, in Babson Park.
• Babson senior Ian Fromhein scored in the fourth minute and Sesay equalized in the 15th minute for the Lyons, who held a 21-10 edge in shots.
SCOUTING THE LYONS
• Wheaton (6-7-0, 2-2-0 NEWMAC) snapped a three-game skid with a 2-1 OT victory at Wesleyan on Tuesday.
• First-year Troy Mattos scored early in the first half and senior Adam Waks netted the game winner in the 100th minute for the Lyons, who got five saves from first-year goalkeeper Peter Pond.
• Senior Curran Wait (5-1-11) has converted four penalty kicks, Waks and junior Jules Stewart each have three goals, and junior JD Souza (1-3-5) is tied for the team lead in assists.
• Pond and fellow rookie Diego Medina have combined to post a 1.37 goals against average and a .743 save percentage to go along with three shutouts this fall.
SCOUTING THE BEAVERS
• Babson (6-2-4, 2-0-2 NEWMAC) saw its five-game unbeaten streak come to an end with a 3-1 loss at No. 5/4 Tufts on Tuesday night.
• Parker volleyed home a service from sophomore Andrew Josephs in the 26th minute for the Beavers, who fell behind for good just over six minutes from halftime.
• Parker (3-5-11) has a point in four of the last five games, first-year Mitchell Collins (1-3-5) is second on the team in assists, and Crompton (2-1-5) has produced at least a point in back-to-back matches.
• Junior goalkeeper Steven Heintzelman boasts a 0.67 goals against average and a .864 save percentage to go along with six clean sheets in 11 starts.
• The Green and White, which did not drop a conference game from 2008-12, is unbeaten over its first four NEWMAC matches for the first time since 2012.
• Entering Saturday's tilt at Wheaton, the Beavers have not conceded a goal to a league opponent in just under 227 minutes going back to September 22.
CONTINUING TO PRODUCE
• After being held to just one assist over Babson's first six games, Parker has had a hand in each of the team's last seven goals going back to a 2-1 win over Springfield on September 22.
• Parker, who has recorded three assists in conference play, has three goals and four assists during this stretch.
• Crompton, who picked up an assist against Tufts on Tuesday, has points in each of the last two matches after scoring in OT against Emerson last Saturday.
• Babson has had plenty of success in Norton winning in six of its last seven trips to Keefe Field, which includes a 5-1-0 mark on the road against the Lyons since 2008.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
• The Beavers are 11-3-1 against NEWMAC foes in the month of October going back to 2015.