Men's Soccer vs. Western New England
Friday, August 30 | 4 p.m.
Hartwell-Rogers Field | Babson Park, Mass.
• Babson is 13-2-1 all-time against Western New England in series that dates back to 1990.
• The Beavers and Golden Bears have met just once over the last decade, a 1-0 Babson victory back in 2014.
• Justin Laurenzo '15 put away his first goal of the season in the 59th minute to lift the Beavers to a 1-0 win over Western New England on September 5, 2014, in Oneonta, N.Y.
• Babson's Tanner Click '16 and Golden Bears' goalkeeper Kevin Strobel both finished with four saves.
SCOUTING THE GOLDEN BEARS
• Western New England (0-0-0) returns four of its top five scorers eight starters from a team that finished 11-7-2 last season.
• Senior Connor Prindle led the Golden Bears in scoring with seven goals and 17 points, while junior Matt Remillard (6-2-14) and senior Brendan Clafin (5-2-12) are two of nine returners that finished 2018 with multiple tallies.
• Senior goalkeeper Dylan Husted appeared in nine matches and made five starts going 3-2-0 with a 0.74 goals against average and two shutouts.
• Western New England was picked to finish fifth in the CCC preseason poll.
SCOUTING THE BEAVERS
• Babson (0-0) returns 21 players from a team that won a NEWMAC regular season title and finished with an overall mark of 12-3-4 in 2018.
• The Beavers return four of their top five scorers, highlighted by the senior trio of Alex Crompton (6-3-15), Chris Czarnecki (2-3-7) and Youcef Ziad (2-3-7), which combined to score 10 goals last fall.
• Senior goalkeeper Steven Heintzelman and sophomore Liam Hanlon, who is the reigning conference rookie of the year, both garnered All-NEWMAC honors and are two of four returning starters on defense for the Green and White.
• Heintzelman started 16 of 19 matches going 9-3-4 with a 0.59 goals against average and a .873 save percentage to go along with nine clean sheets.
• The Beavers have won seven consecutive home openers since suffering a 3-2 loss to Roger Williams back in 2011.
• The Green and White has gone 5-1-1 in its opening match of the season since 2012.
• Babson started six first-year players in last season's 1-1 2OT draw at Dickinson.
IT'S COMING HOME
• After playing the final six games of last season on the turf of MacDowell Field, Babson returns to Hartwell-Rogers Field for the first time since September 22 of last year on Friday.
• The Beavers finished atop the NEWMAC preseason poll for the fourth time in the last five seasons early this week.
• The Green and White collected seven of eight first-place votes to finish atop the poll after going unbeaten (5-0-2) in league play for the first time since 2012 last fall.
NUMBER TO KNOW
• The Beavers have won their last 20 games when scoring two or more goals going back September 21, 2016.