Men's Soccer vs. New England College
Wednesday, September 25 | 3:30 p.m.
Hartwell-Rogers Field | Babson Park, Mass.
• Babson is 5-3-0 all-time against New England College in a series that dates back to 1955.
• Prior to 2017, the Beavers and Pilgrims had not met since 1961.
• Senior Youcef Ziad broke a scoreless deadlock in the 84th minute to lift Babson to a 1-0 win over New England College on September 26, 2018, in Henniker, N.H.
• Senior Austin Mankouski was forced to make just one save for the Beavers, who finished with a 29-7 edge in shots.
• Dylan Mix came up with 14 saves for the Pilgrims.
SCOUTING THE PILGRIMS
• New England College (5-4-0) cruised past Rivier to record its fourth consecutive win on Sunday afternoon.
• Senior Kyle Clements scored the opening goal in the 34th minute and tacked on a second-half assist for the Pilgrims, who pulled away with three markers over the final 36 minutes of the game.
• First-year Wiskens Flavil (2-3-7) leads the team in assists, Clements (3-1-7) has scored two game-winning goals, and first-year Alex Rust (2-0-4) has notched both his markers over the last three matches.
• Junior goalkeeper Robbie Ferguson has started all nine matches posting a 1.18 goals against average, a .800 save percentage and two shutouts.
SCOUTING THE BEAVERS
• Babson (3-3-1) is winless over its last two matches and is coming off a 0-0 2OT draw with WPI in its conference opener last Saturday.
• Senior goalkeeper Steven Heintzelman made six saves against the Engineers as the Beavers extended its regular season conference unbeaten streak to eight games.
• Sophomore Mitchell Collins (5-1-11) has been held off the scoresheet in two straight contests, first-year Ryan Grund (1-4-6) is tied for the conference lead in assists, and Ziad has produced two goals and one assist for five points.
• Heintzelman is 1-3-1 with a 1.67 goals against average, a .778 save percentage and two clean sheets in five starts, while Mankouski has gone 2-0-0 with a 0.50 goals against average and one shutout in his two starts this fall.
LITTLE IN COMMON
• The Beavers and Pilgrims have faced just one common opponent over the first month of the season. Babson recorded a 2-0 win at Regis on September 14, while New England College made an early goal stand up in a 1-0 triumph over the Pride on September 17.
• Babson is 16-3-0 all-time against current members of the NECC although none of the losses have come since 1961.
• The Green and White recorded clean sheets against NECC foes New England College, Lesley and Mitchell last season.
GETTING BACK ON THE ATTACK
• Babson scored 10 goals over its first five matches but has been held off the scoresheet in each of its last two contests.
• The back-to-back games without a goal marks the first time the Green and White has been held off the scoreboard in consecutive fixtures since September 2017.
NUMBER TO KNOW
• The Beavers are 3-0-1 this season when holding their opponents to one goal or less.