Men's Soccer at Eastern Connecticut State
Tuesday, October 22 | 7 p.m.
Rick McCarthy Field | Willimantic, Conn.
• Babson is 6-5-0 all-time against Eastern Connecticut State in a series that dates back to 1969.
• The Beavers have won six of the last eight meetings between the teams since 2011.
• Babson has dropped each of its last two visits Willimantic, which includes a 2-1 2OT loss in 2017.
• Noah Parker, senior Chris Czarnecki and sophomore Robert Dunne all scored as the Beavers defeated Eastern Connecticut State, 3-0, on October 17, 2018, in Babson Park.
• Seniors Luke Beaulieu, Alex Crompton and Youcef Ziad, and junior Andrew Josephs all picked up an assist for Babson, which got three saves from senior goalkeeper Austin Mankouski.
SCOUTING THE WARRIORS
• Eastern Connecticut State (13-2-0) defeated Castleton, 5-0, to record its third consecutive shutout win on Saturday.
• Sophomore Patrick Agyemang scored three times and senior Sam Hurlburt and first-year Ryan Sirois added a goal apiece for the Warriors, who remained unbeaten on the year at home.
• Agyemang (18-5-41) is tied for the Division III lead in goals, first-year Andres Mayuri (6-7-19) leads the team in assists, and senior Griffin Luczek (4-4-12) is one of six players to produce double-digit points this fall.
• Junior goalkeeper Kyle Boutot boasts a 0.72 goals against average to go along with a .833 save percentage and five shutouts in 15 starts on the year.
SCOUTING THE BEAVERS
• Babson (9-4-2) is unbeaten in five straight matches and extended its winning streak to four with a 3-1 victory over Wheaton on Saturday.
• Josephs scored the go-ahead goal in the 78th minute and Crompton contributed a goal and an assist for the Beavers, who got two saves from senior goalkeeper Steven Heintzelman.
• Sophomore Mitchell Collins (8-3-19) has scored six times against non-conference foes, Crompton (4-4-12) has a goal in three of the last four games, and senior Ben Holman (2-6-10) is tied for the team lead in assists.
• Heintzelman is 7-3-2 with a 0.90 goals against average and a .833 save percentage to go along with five clean sheets in 12 starts this fall.
CHALLENGES KEEP COMING
• After snapping then-top-ranked Tufts' 30-game unbeaten streak back on October 8 and rallying for a 2-1 win over No. 11/11 Connecticut College last Tuesday, the Beavers are looking to earn another result on the eve of the first NCAA regional rankings.
• Eastern Connecticut State defeated WPI, 1-0, in its only other game against a NEWMAC foe back on September 4.
NOT AFRAID TO WORK LATE
• Josephs, who scored the game-tying goal against Connecticut College with 10:01 remaining in regulation, has notched four of his five markers after the 78th minute this fall.
• In addition to the tallies against the Camels and Wheaton last week, he capped the scoring in the 81st minute as the Beavers defeated Southern Maine 4-1 on September 3, and tied the game with an 80th-minute strike in a 3-2 2OT loss to Endicott back on October 1.
• Tuesday's match is the first the season under the lights for Babson, which went 3-1-0 in night games last season.
NUMBER TO KNOW
• The Beavers have won 29 of their last 32 matches when scoring at least two goals.