Men's Soccer vs. Clark
Saturday, October 26 | 2 p.m.
Hartwell-Rogers Field | Babson Park, Mass.
• Babson is 37-17-6 all-time against Clark in a series that dates back to 1959.
• The Beavers have gone 14-2-2 against the Cougars dating back to 2002, although 13 of the 18 matches have either been decided by a goal or finished in a draw.
• Eight of the last 14 contests between the programs have been decided in extra time.
• Sophomore Ross Shellow tied the game with a penalty kick in the 55th minute and Noah Parker '19 scored the go-ahead goal with a 59th-minute volley as Babson rallied for a 2-1 win over Clark on October 20, 2018, in Worcester.
• Senior Charlie Lane gave the Cougars, who got six saves from junior Melvin Vincent, a 1-0 lead in the 28th minute.
• Senior Steven Heintzelman made seven saves for the Beavers.
SCOUTING THE COUGARS
• Clark (11-4-0, 4-1-0 NEWMAC) stayed unbeaten in October and ran its winning streak to five games with a 4-3 2OT victory at MIT last Saturday.
• Senior Trevor Sheridan scored the tying goal in the 86th minute and the game winner in the 107th minute for the Cougars, who trailed 3-1 with less than six minutes to play in regulation.
• Senior Sean Munroe (7-8-22) leads the conference in assists and points, sophomore Brian Brennan (7-4-18) has produced a point in three consecutive matches, and Lane (4-5-13) has picked up an assist in two of the last three games.
• Vincent has gone 8-3-0 in 11 starts with a 1.42 goals against average, a .805 save percentage and two shutouts.
SCOUTING THE BEAVERS
• Babson (9-5-2, 3-0-2 NEWMAC) saw its five-game unbeaten streak come to an end in a 2-0 loss at Eastern Connecticut State on Tuesday night.
• Heintzelman made one save for the Beavers, who conceded twice in the span of 68 seconds late in the first half.
• Sophomore Mitchell Collins (8-3-19) has scored six times against non-conference foes, senior Alex Crompton (4-4-12) has a goal in three of the last four games, and classmate Ben Holman (2-6-10) is tied for the team lead in assists.
• Heintzelman is 7-4-2 with a 0.98 goals against average and a .812 save percentage to go along with five clean sheets in 13 starts this fall.
NOT AFRAID TO WORK LATE
• Josephs, who scored the game-tying goal against Connecticut College with 10:01 remaining in regulation, has notched four of his five markers after the 78th minute this fall.
• In addition to the tallies against the Camels and Wheaton last week, he capped the scoring in the 81st minute as the Beavers defeated Southern Maine 4-1 on September 3, and tied the game with an 80th-minute strike in a 3-2 2OT loss to Endicott back on October 1.
• The Beavers enter Saturday's match tied for second place in the NEWMAC standings with WPI just one point behind Clark.
• The top two seeds in the five-team tournament will host semifinal matches on November 7.
• The Green and White was one of three NEWMAC programs listed when the NCAA released its first regional rankings on Wednesday.
• Babson, which debuted at No. 7, is 2-3-2 against regionally-ranked foes this fall. WPI was one spot ahead of the Beavers at No. 6, while MIT was 12th in the initial poll.
NUMBER TO KNOW
• The Beavers are unbeaten in 12 straight NEWMAC regular season games going back to last fall.