Men's Soccer at Bridgewater State
Wednesday, October 30 | 3 p.m.
Swenson Field | Bridgewater, Mass.
• Babson is 16-8-3 all-time against Bridgewater State in a series that dates back to 1955.
• The Beavers are unbeaten over their last 19 matches (16-0-3) against the Bears since 1990.
• Babson's last loss to Bridgewater State was a 4-2 setback on November 8, 1958.
• Seniors Alex Crompton and Youcef Ziad and sophomore Mitchell Collins all scored as the Beavers defeated Bridgewater State, 3-1, on October 23, 2018, in Babson Park.
• Senior Chris Czarnecki was one of three players to produce an assist for the Beavers, who helped head coach Jon Anderson record his 400th career victory.
• Kessy Alves converted a 61st-minute penalty kick for the Bears.
SCOUTING THE BEARS
• Bridgewater State (3-12-1) is coming off a 2-1 loss to Fitchburg State on Saturday.
• Senior Zachary Ellis tied the game on a penalty kick in the 55th minute and classmate Nate Morgado finished with seven saves for the Bears, who suffered their eighth one-goal loss when the Falcons took the lead with five seconds remaining in regulation.
• Senior Justin Borges (5-2-12) leads the team in goals and points, while junior Kevin Roberts (3-2-8) and first-year David Nelson (3-1-7) have each contributed a game-winning goal this fall.
• Morgado has posted a 2.10 goals against average and a .691 save percentage to go along with one shutout in 16 starts.
SCOUTING THE BEAVERS
• Babson (10-5-2) has now won five of its last six matches after defeating Clark, 3-2, on Saturday.
• Crompton and senior Ben Holman both scored for the Beavers, who also took advantage of a second-half own goal and got seven saves from senior goalkeeper Steven Heintzelman.
• Collins (8-3-19) leads the Green and White with three game-winning goals, Crompton (5-5-15) has a goal in four of the last six matches, and Holman (3-6-12) is tied for the team lead in assists.
• Heintzelman has gone 8-4-2 in 14 starts while posting a 1.06 goals against average and a .808 save percentage to go along with five clean sheets.
MOVING UP THE CHARTS
• Anderson owns 412 career wins, which ranks him seventh on the list of active Division III coaches and has him tied for 22nd all-time.
• With three points in Saturday's win over Clark, Crompton moved into a tie for 20th place on Babson's all-time list with 19 career goals.
• Holman's game-winning goal against Clark came in the 80th minute and marked the sixth time this season that the Beavers have scored the go-ahead or tying goal in the 78th minute or later.
• The go-ahead goal in each of the Green and White's last three wins has come with less than 12 minutes to go in regulation.
NUMBER TO KNOW
• The Beavers are 10-2-0 this fall when scoring at least two goals.