Swimming & Diving at Wheaton
Saturday, January 12 | 12 p.m
Balfour Natatorium | Norton, Mass.
• The Beavers and Wheaton will meet for the 27th time on Saturday afternoon in Norton. The Babson men are 16-10 all-time against the Lyons, while the women have gone 6-20 and are looking for their first win over Wheaton since 2001.
• Junior Alex Damiecki bettered his own school mark in the 100 butterfly and was part of four victories on the day as the Babson men defeated the Lyons for the first time since 2013, 156-132. Wheaton defeated the Beavers in the women's half of the meet, 191-79.
• Junior Jack Lucero won three races for the Green and White, while senior Tessa Amoroso finished second in both diving events for the Babson women.
SCOUTING THE LYONS
• The Wheaton women (8-2) are coming off victories over Mount Holyoke (166-73) and Clark (167-57) on Thursday.
• Lydia DaCorte touched the wall first in the 200 free, 200 breast and 200 butterfly, while Delia McLaughlin won the 200 IM and 100 free for the Lyons.
• DaCorte owns the NEWMAC's top time in three freestyle events (500, 1000, 1650) and enters Saturday's meet with top-10 times in six different events.
• The Wheaton men (4-4) returned to action with a 155-69 win over Clark on Thursday.
• Jacob Cost (50 free, 200 back), who owns three top-10 times among conference swimmers in the backstroke, and Richard Matthews (200 IM, 200 breast) both won two events for the Lyons, who had six swimmers post individual victories.
SCOUTING THE BEAVERS
• The Babson women (5-6) suffered losses to Wellesley (219-73) and Coast Guard (216-80) on Thursday.
• Amoroso won both the 1- and 3-meter diving events, while first-year Elizabeth Demoine touched the wall first in the 200 breaststroke.
• Fellow rookie Abigail Voce added a third-place finish in the 50 free and came in fifth in the 100 free.
• The Babson men (6-2) returned to action with a 179-89 loss to 16th-ranked Coast Guard on Thursday afternoon.
• Damiecki won the 100- and 200-yard butterfly, and first-year Aaron Huynh touched the wall first in the 200 free.
• First-year Ethan Yoo was the runner-up in the 100 butterfly and paired with Damiecki, Huynh and sophomore Lachlan Dibbayawan to finish second in both the 200 medley and 400 freestyle relays.
• Senior Tirza Rentovich, who came in third in the 50 free against Wheaton last season, returned to action after studying abroad during the fall semester.
BUILDING THE ENGINE
• Entering the second half of the season, 10 different Babson athletes have results that rank among the top 10 for NEWMAC competitors.
• Huynh leads the team with three top 10s as he ranks sixth in the 200 free (1:42.57) and 50 back (23.87) and eighth in the 500 free (10:08.32).
• Demoine (50 butterfly, 100 IM), Damiecki (100 IM, 100 butterfly) and first-year Walter Lehnis (200 breast, 100 IM) all own two apiece.
WHAT'S UP NEXT
• The Beavers return to action on Tuesday when they visit Division II Bentley for a dual meet.