Swimming & Diving at Gordon
Saturday, January 19 | 1 p.m.
Bennett Athletic Center | Wenham, Mass.
• Babson and Gordon will meet for the seventh time in eight years and 11th time since 2006 on Saturday. The Beavers have won 10 consecutive men's meets and have defeated the Fighting Scots in eight of the last 10 women's duals.
• The Babson men and women each won 13 of 16 events on the way to sweeping Gordon on January 20, 2018, in Babson Park. The men claimed a 139-53 victory, while the Beavers defeated the Fighting Scots, 129-91, in the women's meet.
• Junior Tirza Rentovich and sophomores Celine Nie and Nataliya Gowan were all part of two victories apiece for the Babson women. Juniors Alex Damiecki and Jack Lucero both won two events apiece for the men as the Beavers finished 1-2 in 10 of 14 swimming events.
SCOUTING THE FIGHTING SCOTS
• The Gordon women (1-4) defeated Maine Maritime, 111.5-92.5, for their first win of the year last Saturday.
• Caris Lyons won the 50 free and 200 free, Olivia Rose touched the wall first in the 50 back and Sarah Hutchinson claimed the 500 free. The trio also combined with Anna Hailstone to post a victory in the 200 free relay.
• The Gordon men (0-3) are still looking for their first win of the year after suffering a 121-44 loss to Maine Maritime last Saturday.
• Aaron Lewis took first place in the 100 free, 200 free and 500 free, while Connor Wilson recorded a win in the 50 free for the Fighting Scots.
SCOUTING THE BEAVERS
• The Babson women (5-8) are looking to rebound from a 169-84 loss at Bentley on Tuesday.
• Senior Tessa Amoroso posted the top scores of her career to win the 1- and 3-meter diving events, while the trio of Nie (100 back, 200 back) and first-years Elizabeth Demoine (100 breast, 200 breast) and Abigail Voce (50 free, 100 free) each recorded a pair of runner-up finishes for the Beavers.
• The Babson men (7-3) suffered a 187-109 loss to Bentley despite winning six events.
• Damiecki was first in the 100 butterfly, 200 butterfly and 200 IM, while first-year Aaron Huynh contributed wins in the 500 free and 1000 free. Classmate Walter Lehneis also recorded a victory in the 200 breaststroke for the Green and White.
SUCCESS AGAINST THE SCOTS
• Senior Adam Kershner (100 back) and sophomores Kevin Luu (50 back) and Connor O'Brien (200 free) all recorded victories in last year's meet against Gordon.
• Junior Michael Cerny and sophomore Taras Polakoff placed second in the 200 free and 50 butterfly, respectively, for the men, while senior Maria Orive was the runner-up in the 500 free for Babson's women a season ago.
RECORD NIGHT AT BENTLEY
• The Green and White combined to set four meet records in Tuesday's competition at Waltham, three of which came in the relay events.
• Nie, Demoine, Voce and first-year Stella Hu posted a time of 1:56.65 in the 200 medley relay, and Voce, Demoine, Hu and Rentovich closed the meet with a time of 1:43.97 in the 200 free relay.
• On the men's side, Huynh recorded a meet record in the 1000 free and was part of the Beavers' other meet best in the 200 medley relay along with Damiecki, sophomore Lachlan Dibbayawan and first-year Ethan Yoo.
• The Beavers travel to Eastern Connecticut State to take on Roger Williams and the host Warriors on January 26 at 12 p.m.