Men's Tennis at No. 10 Brandeis
Wednesday, March 27 | 3 p.m.
Gosman Sports Complex| Waltham, Mass.
• Baebson and Brandies will meet for the 23rd time since 1995 on Wednesday. The Beavers are 4-18 against the Judges during this stretch and are looking for their first win in the series since 2003.
• Four players won in both singles and doubles to help then-18th-ranked Brandeis defeat the Beavers, 7-2, on March 29, 2018, in Babson Park.
• Sophomore Andre Libnic dropped the first set before rallying for a 2-6, 6-1, 14-12 victory at number one singles for Babson.
LAST BABSON WIN
• The Beavers defeated Brandeis, 4-3, on April 15, 2003, in Babson Park.
SCOUTING THE JUDGES
• No. 10 Brandeis (9-2) has won two straight matches and is coming off a 7-2 victory over No. 31 Swarthmore on Saturday.
• Jeff Chen and Adam Tzeng posted wins in both singles and doubles for the Judges, who took all five completed singles matches in straight sets.
• Chen is 9-1 in dual matches and 13-4 overall in singles, while Anupreeth Coramutla is 7-2 at number and 12-7 overall.
• Chen and Tzeng are 8-1 at second doubles and the duo of Coramutla and David Aizenberg has gone 6-4 at number one.
SCOUTING THE BEAVERS
• Babson (6-2) has dropped two straight matches after falling to No. 24 Denison, 8-1, on Friday in California.
• Senior Brandon Rosenbluth lost the first set before rallying for 0-6, 6-2, 6-1 win at number two singles to earn the Beavers' lone point.
• Junior Alberto De Mendiola is 8-3 overall and he, Libnic and sophomore Chris Kolesnik have gone 4-2 at first through third singles.
• Libnic is 8-2 in all doubles matches, Kolesnik is 6-4, and the duo of junior Dylan Pace and first-year Tyler Zhang is 3-2 at number three.
FAMILIAR FACES ACROSS THE NET
• First-year head coach Michael Kopelman will go against his former boss, Brandeis head coach Ben Lamanna, and many of the players he both coached and recruited during his three years as an assistant with the Judges' program on Wednesday.
• The 2018 ITA Northeast Region Assistant Coach of the Year, Kopelman helped Brandeis win 14 matches last season before coming to Babson.
RUN OF RANKED FOES
• Beginning with last Friday's loss to 24th-ranked Denison, the Beavers are the midst of three straight matches against nationally-ranked opponents. Following Wednesday's contest against 10th-ranked Brandeis, the Green and White will host No. 23 Bates on Sunday.