Men's Tennis vs. No. 40 Bates
Sunday, March 31 | 10 a.m.
Babson Tennis Complex | Babson Park, Mass.
• Babson and Bates will meet for the 11th time since 2005 and first time since 2016 on Sunday morning.
• The Bobcats have won all 10 of the matches between the teams over the last 14 years.
• Senior Brandon Rosenbluth picked up a 6-4, 3-6, 6-4 win at number three singles as Babson suffered an 8-1 loss to then-22nd-ranked Bates on March 4, 2016, in Lewiston, Maine.
• Chris Ellis, Ben Rosen, Pat Ordway and Josh Quijano all were victorious in both singles and doubles for the Bobcats.
SCOUTING THE BOBCATS
• No. 40 Bates (3-6) has dropped four straight matches and is coming off a 7-2 setback at MIT on Saturday.
• Ben Echardt and Nick Glover won 8-5 at second doubles and Josh Quijano rallied for a 2-6, 6-2, 10-6 victory at number one singles for the Bobcats.
• Jacob Kauppila has won four straight matches at second singles for Bates, which has suffered four losses to nationally-ranked opponents.
• Four of Bates' five Division III losses have come against nationally-ranked opponents.
SCOUTING THE BEAVERS
• Babson (6-3) has dropped three straight matches after suffering an 8-1 loss at No. 10 Brandeis on Wednesday.
• Junior Dylan Pace and first-year Tyler Zhang collected the Beavers' lone point of the match with an 8-6 win at number three doubles.
• Junior Alberto De Mendiola is 8-4 overall and 4-3 number one singles, sophomore Andre Libnic is 4-2 at second singles, and classmate Chris Kolesnik is 4-3 at number three.
• Libnic is 8-2 in all doubles matches, Kolesnik is 6-5, and the duo of Pace and Zhang is 4-2 at number three.
LOOKING FOR A BREAKTHROUGH
• Bates will be the fourth nationally-ranked opponent the Beavers have faced over the last 13 days.
• In addition to suffering a loss at 10th-ranked Brandeis, the Green and White fell to then-third-ranked Bowdoin and then-No. 24 Denison during its spring break trip to California.