Men's Tennis vs. Coast Guard
Saturday, April 5 | 12p.m.
Babson Tennis Courts | Wellesley, Mass.
• Babson and Coast Guard will meet for the 24th time since 2001 on Saturday afternoon. The Beavers are 17-6 against the Bears during this stretch and have won nine consecutive matches in the series.
• The second-seeded Beavers erased a 3-0 deficit after doubles by winning five of six singles matches en route to a thrilling 5-4 victory over the third-seeded Coast Guard in a NEWMAC Tournament Semifinal on May 2, 2018, in Babson Park.
• Sophomore Chris Kolesnik tied the match with a 7-5, 1-6, 6-2 victory at number two singles, while Dylan Levy '18 secured the clinching point with a 7-6 (7-4), 6-3 triumph at number four for Babson.
LAST COAST GUARD WIN
• Nick Martin rallied from a set down at number four singles to win 6-7 (4-7), 6-0, 6-2 as the Bears slipped past Babson, 5-4, on April 4, 2012, in Babson Park, Mass.
SCOUTING THE BEARS
• Coast Guard (4-4, 1-0 NEWMAC) is looking to keep up its momentum after beating Springfield 9-0 in its NEWMAC opener on Wednesday.
• Hackett won 6-1, 1-6, 10-4 at number one singles, Wicke was a 6-1, 6-0 winner at number two, and sophomore Kyle Fager recorded a 6-2, 6-2 win at number three in the win.
• Hackett is 7-5 overall and has won three straight matches to improve to 6-2 at number one singles, senior Jack Phillips is 7-4 in all matches and Fager is 5-6 and has gone 3-5 in dual-match play.
• Hackett leads the team in doubles with an overall record of 10-5 and has gone 7-1 playing alongside Phillips, while Fager and sophomore Chris Lansing are 7-7 overall and 3-5 at number two in doubles.
SCOUTING THE BEAVERS
• Babson (7-4, 0-1 NEWMAC) is looking to rebound from a 9-0 loss at MIT in its NEWMAC opener on Wednesday.
• Senior Brandon Rosenbluth, sophomore Andre Libnic and first-year Tyler Zhang all dropped three-set matches in singles after Beavers fell in a trio of close doubles matches.
• Junior Alberto De Mendiola is 8-6 overall in singles at number one, Rosenbluth (7-6) has gone 4-4 at number three, and Kolesnik is 6-5 overall and 5-3 at number four.
• Libnic (9-4) leads the team in doubles wins and has gone 5-2 playing alongside Kolesnik, while junior Alberto De Mendiola and Rosenbluth are 5-4 in all matches.
MEMORIES OF LAST MAY
• The Beavers comeback for the ages against Coast Guard in last year's NEWMAC semifinals marked the first time the program had rallied to win after losing all three doubles matches in over a decade.
HOME SWEET HOME
• Babson, which is looking to bounce back from its first loss of the year to an unranked opponent, begins a stretch of four straight matches at home on Saturday. The Green and White is 5-0 at home this season and has won six straight matches on its home courts.