Men's Tennis vs. Franklin Pierce
Monday, April 22 | 1:30 p.m.
Babson Tennis Complex | Babson Park, Mass.
• Babson and Franklin Pierce will meet for the first time on Monday afternoon.
SCOUTING THE RAVENS
• Franklin Pierce (10-8) has dropped five of its last seven matches but is coming off a 7-0 victory over Assumption last Thursday.
• Preston Gordon, Yuval Barak, Andrew Schadt and Marcus Lawrence all won in singles and doubles for the Ravens, who took the doubles point with wins at two and three.
• Roberto Chong is 13-8 overall and 8-5 at number one singles, Preston Gordon is 12-8 in all matches, and Barak is 8-4 on the year at number five singles.
• Barak and Gordon have gone 10-6 at number two doubles, while the pairing of Schadt and James Bisazza are 7-4 on the year at number three.
SCOUTING THE BEAVERS
• Babson (12-4) extended its winning streak to five with a 6-3 victory over Emerson on Saturday inside the Boston Sports Club.
• Senior Brandon Rosenbluth, sophomore Chris Kolesnik and first-year Tyler Zhang all earned points in singles and doubles for the Beavers, who led 2-1 after doubles.
• Rosenbluth is 12-6 in all singles matches, junior Alberto De Mendiola is 10-6 overall and 6-5 at number one singles, and Kolesnik is 7-3 at number four singles.
• Kolesnik and sophomore Andre Libnic are 6-3 at number two doubles, while Zhang and junior Dylan Pace have gone 9-4 in all dual matches this spring.
NUMBER TO KNOW
• 11: The Beavers have won at least 11 matches in seven consecutive seasons going back to 2013.
HOME COURT ADVANTAGE
• The Green and White is 9-0 at home this season, which includes a 6-0 mark at the Babson Tennis Complex.
• Overall since opening their new facility last spring, the Beavers have won nine of 12 matches.
NOT MUCH IN COMMON
• Babson and Franklin Pierce share just two common opponents on their respective 2018-19 schedules.
• The Ravens also defeated Emerson, 9-0, back on March 24, while the Beavers topped Merrimack, which is one of two unbeaten teams in Northeast-10 Conference play, 7-2 back in the fall. Franklin Pierce will take on Merrimack on Saturday.