Men's Tennis vs. Emerson
Saturday, April 20 | 12:45 p.m.
Boston Sports Club | Needham, Mass.
• Babson and Emerson will meet for the ninth time since 2008 on Saturday morning. The Beavers have won each of their previous eight matches against the Lions, which includes four straight 9-0 wins in NEWMAC competition.
• Senior Brandon Rosenbluth picked up victories in both singles and doubles to help Babson post a 9-0 win over Emerson on April 21, 2018, in Danvers, Mass.
• The Beavers dropped just one game at first and second doubles, and won by default at number three doubles and number six singles as the Lions had just four players.
SCOUTING THE LIONS
• Emerson (9-7, 1-3 NEWMAC) has dropped back-to-back matches after suffering a 9-0 loss to MIT on Wednesday.
• The closest match of the day came at number one doubles where Bass Lin and Dan Okin dropped an 8-5 decision.
• The Lions, who picked up their first win in six years of NEWMAC competition against Springfield back on April 10, could clinch a conference tournament spot with a victory in one of their final two matches.
SCOUTING THE BEAVERS
• Babson (11-4, 3-1 NEWMAC) has won four straight matches after cruising past Springfield, 8-1, on Wednesday.
• Rosenbluth and first-years Tyler Zhang and Rafael Premisleaner all won in singles and doubles for the Beavers.
• Rosenbluth is 11-6 in all singles matches, De Mendiola (10-6) has gone 6-5 at number one, and sophomore Chris Kolesnik is 7-3 at number four singles.
• Kolesnik and sophomore Andre Libnic are 6-3 at number two doubles, while the pairing of Zhang and junior Dylan Pace has gone 8-4 in all doubles matches.
• Rosenbluth, Zhang and first-year Ron Brody have all won their last four singles matches.
• The duo of Pace and Zhang owns four straight doubles victories, three of which have come in league play.
HOME COURT ADVANTAGE
• The Green and White is 8-0 at home this season, which includes 9-0 victories over NEWMAC foes Coast Guard and Clark.
• The Beavers last home loss to a conference opponent other than MIT came back on April 4, 2012, when it fell 5-4 to Coast Guard.
CONFERENCE TOURNAMENT ON THE HORIZON
• Babson can join first-place MIT as one of two teams to clinch a spot in the upcoming NEWMAC playoffs with a victory over Emerson on Saturday.
• A win over the Lions coupled with a victory against Wheaton on Wednesday would give the Beavers the No. 2 seed and a home semifinal match the first week of May.