Cross Country NCAA New England Championships
Saturday, November 16 | 11 a.m. (M), 12:15 p.m. (W)
Pickard Field Cross Country Course | Brunswick, Maine
• The Babson men's and women's cross country teams are headed to Bowdoin for the 2019 NCAA New England Championships on Saturday.
• The teams will compete on the Pickard Field Course for the second year in a row as the men run an 8k race at 11 a.m., which will be followed by the women's meet at 12:15 p.m.
WHAT'S AT STAKE
• The top two teams and seven individuals from non-qualifying squads earn a spot at the Division III National Championships on November 23 in Louisville, Ky.
• In addition to the automatic qualifiers, the NCAA will announce its 16 men's and women's at-large selections for nationals on Sunday afternoon.
2018 NCAA REGIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP RECAP
• The Babson men came in 19th and the women placed 24th at last year's NCAA New England Championships at Bowdoin.
• Matthew Dynan '19 was the men's top finisher in the 8k race turning in a time of 26:15 to place 55th overall. Sophomore Collin Regan came in 20 seconds behind him in 71st position.
• Junior Emma Cavanaugh turned in a time of 23:45 on the women's 6k course to finish 89th for the Babson women.
SCOUTING THE BABSON WOMEN
• The Beavers are coming off a ninth-place finish at the NEWMAC Championships on November 3 at Franklin Park.
• Cavanaugh posted a time of 23:13 on the 6k course to finish 10th overall and earn the program's first all-conference award since 2014.
• Senior Stephanie Rodriguez came in 23rd with a time of 23:45, while junior Camille Lewis posted a 64th-place showing with her time of 25:18.
• First-year Laurel Roney (26:24) and sophomore Amanda Karch (26:32) rounded out the top five for the Green and White.
SCOUTING THE BABSON MEN
• The Green and White is coming off a fifth-place showing at the NEWMAC Championships on November 3 at Franklin Park.
• First-year Gabriel Ortega was the team's top finisher crossing the finish line in 27:20 on the 8k course to place 25th overall.
• Regan finished 40th with a time of 27:58, first-year Dylan Raimondi clocked in with a time of 28:29 to place 50th, and senior Nicholas Virkler was one spot behind him with a time of 28:40.
• Senior Samir Arora, who was the lone Babson harrier with experience at Franklin Park, rounded out the team's top five with a time of 28:48 that was good for 53rd place.
CHASING FAST TIMES
• Dynan's time of 26:15 in the 8k was the best by a Babson male runner in two NCAA regional championships hosted at Bowdoin's Pickard Field Course.
• The program's top women's time at Bowdoin in the 6k was recorded by Charlotte Margel '13 at the 2011 NCAA New England Championships. She crossed the finish line in 22:46 to place 47th overall.
NUMBERS TO KNOW
• The Babson women have finished among the top 25 six times at the regional championship since 2010, which includes a 21st-place showing at Bowdoin in 2011.
• The Babson men, which have finished 16th, 19th and 19th since 2016, have recorded three straight top-20 finishes at regionals for the first time in program history.