Chuck Resler Tournament
Saturday, November 17 vs. Baldwin Wallace | 6 p.m.
Sunday, November 18 at Rochester | 2 p.m.
Louis Alexander Palestra | Rochester, N.Y.
• Babson travels to Rochester, N.Y., for games against a pair of opponents that are receiving votes in the D3hoops.com preseason national poll at the Chuck Resler Tournament.
• The Beavers take on Baldwin-Wallace to open the season on Saturday and will face the host Yellow Jackets on Sunday afternoon.
• Babson will take on both Baldwin Wallace and Rochester for the first time in program history this weekend.
SCOUTING BALDWIN WALLACE
• The Yellow Jackets (1-0) opened their season with a 78-60 victory at St. Vincent on Tuesday night.
• First-year Lilly Edwards finished with 23 points and 12 rebounds and Kara Marshall added 15 points for Baldwin Wallace, which shot 42.4 percent in the second half.
• Senior Hannah Fecht (11.4 pts, 5.8), one of four returning starters, led the team in scoring and rebounding last winter.
• Junior Laura Schill added 10.2 points and 3.1 boards for the Yellow Jackets, who were picked to win the OAC after finishing the 2017-18 campaign at 15-11 overall.
• The Yellow Jackets (0-1) dropped its season opener for the first time since 2010, falling to RIT 70-59 on Tuesday night.
• Junior Ally Forness scored 13 points and senior Lena Ethington added six points and 10 rebounds for Rochester, which trailed by 19 after three quarters.
• The Yellow Jackets lost four of their top five scorers from a team that reached the NCAA Tournament Elite and posted an overall mark of 24-5 last winter.
• Ethington averaged 6.1 points and 5.3 rebounds in 26 starts, while junior Brenna James contributed 4.5 points in 15.0 minutes off the bench.
• The Beavers (0-0) return all but three players from a team that captured a share of their third straight NEWMAC regular season title on the way to finishing 18-9 overall last winter.
• Senior Payton Ouimette (13.4 pts, 11.8 reb) posted 17 double-doubles, classmate Teá Spellacy (8.9 pts, 3.0 ast) shot 39.3 percent from three-point range, and junior Katherine Tamulionis contributed 8.4 points and 2.7 assists.
• Senior Elizabeth Lane (7.3 pts, 3.4 reb) reached double figures in eight of the last 12 games for a Babson squad that owned a +11.1 rebounding margin and forced just under 20 turnovers per game last season.
• The Beavers were picked to finish second in the NEWMAC preseason poll last week.
• The Green and White has won its season opener by double digits in each of the last four seasons.
• The last three season-opening wins have come away from home.
COMING HOME AGAIN
• This weekend's games will serve as a homecoming for Lane, who grew up just a little over an hour from Rochester in Skaneateles, N.Y.
• Junior Vanessa Onwe, who is a native of Tarrytown, N.Y., will also play in her home state for the first time in her career this weekend.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
• The Beavers went 7-3 on the road last winter and are 23-7 overall away from home going back to the start of the 2016-17 campaign.