Women's Basketball vs. Coast Guard
Saturday, December 8 | 1 p.m.
Staake Gymnasium | Babson Park, Mass.
• Babson and Coast Guard will meet for the 44th time on Saturday afternoon in a series that dates back to the 1982-83 season. The Beavers hold a 33-10 all-time record against the Bears.
• Junior Katherine Tamulionis paced three players in double figures with 14 points and three steals as Babson defeated Coast Guard, 61-47, on February 3, 2018, at Staake Gymnasium.
• Senior Payton Ouimette posted 13 points and seven boards and classmate Elizabeth Lane scored 12 points to go along with seven rebounds and three assists for the Beavers. Gillian Gerton recorded nine points to lead the Bears
LAST COAST GUARD WIN
• Gerton and Torie Sutherland each scored 13 points to pace four players in double figures as the Bears edged Babson, 65-61, on February 7, 2015, in Babson Park.
• Alexi Howland added 12 points for Coast Guard, which took the lead for good on a three-pointer by Sutherland with 1:19 remaining. Giovanna Pickering '17 led all scorers with 20 points for the Beavers.
SCOUTING THE BEARS
• Coast Guard (3-5, 2-0 NEWMAC) had its two-game win streak in an 80-44 loss to Trinity on Monday night.
• First-year Emma Puddington, the reigning NEWMAC Defensive Athlete of the Week, had a career-high 14 points and team-high five rebounds to lead the Bears, who were outscored 54-20 in the second half.
• Senior Miceala Martinelli (13.9 pts, 5.6 reb) is fourth in the NEWMAC in scoring, Puddington (9.4 pts, 5.8 reb) is second on the team in rebounds, and first-year Kyra Hartman is conributing 7.5 points and 3.5 rebounds per game.
• Coast Guard is averaging 68.6 points per game and is forcing 21.5 turnovers over its first eight contests.
SCOUTING THE BEAVERS
• Babson (4-2, 2-1 NEWMAC) is looking to extend its win streak to three games after a 97-30 rout of Wheaton on Wednesday night.
• Ouimette and junior Emily Bonifacic each scored 14 points and first-year Alexis Doherty added a career-high 11 points on 5-of-8 shooting for the Beavers, who opened the game with a 23-5 run and held the Lyons to just 21.6 percent shooting.
• Ouimette (13.2 pts, 11.2 reb, 3.0 ast) is second in the NEWMAC in rebounding, Tamulionis is averaging 11.2 points and 2.7 boards, and Bonifacic is (8.2 pts, 4.0 reb) is shooting 48.6 percent from the floor.
• The Green and White is forcing to 16.2 turnovers per game and ranks 34th in Division III in rebounding margin (+9.4).
DON'T FEED THE BEARS
• The Beavers have won their last four games against Coast Guard by an average of 17.5 points.
• During this stretch, Babson has limited the Bears to just 28.4 percent shooting from beyond the arc while forcing 25.3 turnovers per game.
BEAVERS VALUE POSSESSION
• Over its first three NEWMAC outings, the Green and White has committed a turnover on just 16.6 percent of its possessions and is averaging just 11.3 miscues per game.
GETTING TO THE GLASS
• Babson has pulled down 43 offensive boards and is grabbing 55.8 percent of its missed shots over the last two games. The Green and White also scored a season-high 27 second-chance points in Wednesday's victory at Wheaton.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
• The Beavers are 19-2 since the start of last season when holding their opponents below 60 points.