Women's Basketball at Brandeis
Tuesday, December 3 | 6 p.m.
Red Auerbach Arena | Waltham, Mass.
• Babson is 25-23 all-time against Brandeis in a series that dates back to the 1975-76 season.
• The Beavers have won seven of their last eight against the Judges, which includes three victories by a total of 10 points in their last four visits to Red Auerbach Arena.
• Six of the last eight games between the programs have been decided by seven points or less.
• Téa Spellacy '19 hit a go-ahead three-pointer with 1:06 remaining and senior Katherine Tamulionis knocked down four free throws over the final 13 seconds as the Beavers defeated Brandeis, 66-59, on December 3, 2018, in Babson Park.
• Tamulionis finished with 14 points, six rebounds, three assists and two steals, while Payton Ouimette '19 added nine points and four assists to go along with a game-high 10 boards for Babson.
• Junior Kat Puda led all players with 17 points and Sarah Jaromin scored 14 points to lead the Judges.
SCOUTING THE JUDGES
• Brandeis (4-1) is coming off an 89-49 rout of Salem State last Tuesday.
• Senior Hannah Nicholson finished with 14 points and nine rebounds, first-year Emma Reavis added 13 points and Puda scored 11 for the Judges, who shot 50 percent and built a 25-point halftime lead.
• Junior Camila Casanueva (15.6 pts, 5.4 reb, 4.4 ast) is shooting 46.2 percent from three-point range, classmate Jillian Petrie is averaging 9.2 points and 3.4 rebounds, and Reavis (8.8 pts, 3.6 reb) is shooting 53.1 percent from the floor.
• Brandeis is making nearly 10 three-pointers per game while shooting 44.1 from deep over its first five contests.
SCOUTING THE BEAVERS
• Babson (2-2) is looking to bounce back from a 61-38 loss at No. 1/1 Amherst last Monday.
• First-year Megan Bauman scored 13 points on 6-of-8 shooting to go along with three assists for the Beavers, who shot a season-low 27.5 percent against the Mammoths.
• Senior Emily Bonifacic (19.5 pts, 8.0 reb) is shooting 63.2 percent from the floor, Bauman (11.5 pts, 4.3 ast, 4.0 reb) has scored in double figures in each of the last three contests, and Tamulionis is contributing 9.5 points and 2.8 assists.
• The Green and White is shooting 43.2 percent from the floor over its first four games.
BENCH SUCCESS AGAINST BRANDEIS
• Senior Jacqueline Jozefick and junior Nicole Hiller provided key contributions off the bench in last year's win over the Judges. Hiller scored eight points on 4-of-8 shooting, while Jozefick chipped in with seven points, nine rebounds, three assists and two blocked shots.
• Additionally, senior Vanessa Onwe scored eight of her career-high 13 points in the second half of the Beavers' 2016 win over the Judges inside Staake Gymnasium.
• Bauman, who was selected as the NEWMAC Offensive Player of the Week back on November 25, is averaging 14 points, 5.0 rebounds and 4.3 rebounds over the last three games.
• Bonifacic ranks 13th in Division III in field goal percentage.
• The Beavers have outscored their first four opponents by an average of 18.75-13 in the third quarter, which includes a 48-21 margin in their two victories.
TWO OF A KIND
• Babson head coach Judy Blinstrub, who is in her 33rd season, and Carol Simon, in her 33rd year as head coach at Brandeis, have combined for nearly 1,100 wins and both rank in the top 30 among active Division III coaches in victories.
• Blinstrub is currently fifth with 646 wins, while Simon ranks 29th with 445 victories.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
• The Beavers are holding opponents to just 37.2 percent shooting.