No. 5 Field Hockey vs. Mount Holyoke
Saturday, September 30 | 12:00 p.m.
MacDowell Field | Babson Park, Mass.
• Babson and Mount Holyoke will meet for the 39th time on Saturday in a series that dates back to 1988.
• The Beavers are 20-15-3 all-time against the Lyons and have won the last three meetings.
• Then-second-ranked Babson got goals from three different players and two assists from Jacki Merrigan '18 on its way to a 3-1 win at Mount Holyoke on Saturday 30, 2017.
• Senior Catherine Gilman, junior Tori Roche, and sophomore Maddy Paro each logged a goal in the win.
LAST MOUNT HOLYOKE WIN
• Ruvimbo Mushavi scored 4:53 into the second overtime as fifth-seeded Mount Holyoke upset top-seeded Babson College, 1-0, in a NEWMAC field hockey tournament semifinal on November 7, 2015, in Babson Park.
SCOUTING THE LYONS
• Mount Holyoke (5-4, 1-1 NEWMAC) recorded a pair of first half goals to down Western New England 3-1 on Thursday night.
• First-year Margaret Robb logged a goal and an assist, while senior Kristina Ramsden and first-year Kylie Brooks each scored once for the Lyons.
• Ramsden (6-4-16) leads the team in both points and assists, while the trio of senior Mirjam Keochakian (3-1-7) and first-years Kass Lawrence (4-1-9) and Abby Baldwin (3-0-6) have combined to score four game-winning goals.
• Junior goalkeeper Morgan Turner has posted a 2.33 goals against average and a .741 save percentage in nine starts.
SCOUTING THE BEAVERS
• No. 5 Babson (7-3) has dropped two straight games after falling to Bates, 3-2, in overtime on Wednesday night at MacDowell Field.
• Roche and first-year Quinn Greer both scored and senior Gilman and senior Ashley Tango each added an assist for the Beavers, who suffered their third one-goal loss of the year.
• Roche (12-4-28), Gilman (7-4-18) and junior Carla DiBiase (6-1-13) have each scored two game winning goals, Tango (5-11-21) is tied for second in Division III in assists, and senior Lauren Drakeley (2-3-7) has registered three defensive saves.
• First-year goalkeeper Cassidy Riley has posted a 1.07 goals against average and an .761 save percentage to go along with three shutout in 10 starts.
• Tango, who has two goals and six assists over Babson's last five matches, has recorded at least one point in nine of the team's 10 games this fall.
• Roche has tallied six goals over her last five outings for the Green and White.
• Gilman has scored in each of the Beavers' last two games against Mount Holyoke, which includes the game-winning tally in a 1-0 NEWMAC Tournament semifinal win over the Lyons on November 5, 2016.
• Babson has won its last 20 regular season games against regular season foes going back to October 20, 2015.
• During this stretch, the Green and White has posted 11 shutouts and outscored its opponents 76-9.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
• The Beavers have outscored their opponents 26-2 in the first half of games this season.