No. 9 Field Hockey vs. Wellesley
Wednesday, October 3 | 6:00 p.m.
MacDowell Field | Babson Park, Mass.
• Babson and Wellesley will meet for the 46th time on Wednesday in a series that dates back to 1984.
• The Beavers are 15-28-2 all-time against the Blue but have won three straight matchups and seven of the last 11 contests since 2010.
• Junior Tori Roche scored twice in the first half as then-No. 2 Babson defeated Wellesley, 4-1, on October 3, 2017.
• Junior Kate Driscoll posted a goal and an assist, classmate Carla DiBiase tacked on a goal, and senior Lauren Drakeley chipped in with an assist.
LAST WELLESLEY WIN
• Nikki Sharkin scored twice in the first half as the top-seeded Blue defeated fourth-seeded Babson, 4-1, in a NEWMAC Tournament semifinal on November 8, 2014, in Wellesley. Caroline Malone '15 cut the Beavers' deficit to 2-1 early in the second half before Wellesley tacked on a pair of late goals.
SCOUTING THE BLUE
• Wellesley (4-5, 1-2 NEWMAC) recorded a goal in the third minute of overtime to defeat visiting Clark, 2-1, on Saturday afternoon
• Senior Haley Chrobock scored the game-winning goal, first-year Julia Rappaport recorded the equalizer, and sophomore Maggie King logged an assist for the Blue.
• Chrobock (3-0-6), Rappaport (3-0-6) and senior Arielle Mitropoulos (3-0-6) have combined to score nine goals, junior Hannah Maisano (2-2-6) is tied for the team lead in assists, and classmate Kerry Wells as recorded three defensive saves.
• Senior goalkeeper Maggie Connelly has posted a 3.52 goals against average and a .641 save percentage in eight starts.
SCOUTING THE BEAVERS
• No. 9 Babson (8-3, 3-0 NEWMAC) scored six unanswered goals to down Mount Holyoke, 7-1, on Saturday afternoon at MacDowell Field.
• Roche scored twice, senior Cate Diamond and sophomore Maddy Paro both added a goal and an assist, and Drakeley, senior Ashley Tango and first-year Lauren Curley all recorded a goal for the Beavers.
• Roche (14-4-32) is second in the conference in points, Tango (6-11-23) is tied for second in Division III in assists, and Gilman (7-4-18) and DiBiase (6-2-14) have combined to score four game-winning goals.
• First-year goalkeeper Cassidy Riley has posted a 1.08 goals against average and a .755 save percentage to go along with three shutouts in 11 starts this fall.
• Tango and Roche have combined to produce 11 goals and seven assists over the last six games.
• Babson has won its last 21 regular season games against conference foes going back to October 20, 2015. Ironically, the Beavers halted Wellesley's 21-game NEWMAC regular-season winning streak with a 3-0 win back in 2015.
• During this stretch, the Green and White has posted 11 shutouts and outscored its opponents 83-10.
CONFERENCE HONORS FOR ROCHE
• After scoring three goals for six points, Roche earned her second NEWMAC Offensive Player of the Week honor of the year on Monday.
• Through 11 games she has matched her career high with 14 goals in addition to surpassing last year's total of 31 points.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
• The Beavers have score first in each of their 11 games this fall.