No. 14 Field Hockey at Saint Joseph's
Saturday, September 7 | 12 p.m.
SJC Athletic Complex| Standish, Maine
• Babson and Saint Joseph's will meet for the first time on Saturday afternoon.
SCOUTING THE MONKS
• Saint Joseph's (3-0) stayed unbeaten with a 2-1 victory at Husson on Thursday night.
• Sophomores Emma Rutledge and Meghan Hill both scored in the first half for the Monks, who outshot the Eagles 15-2 and did not allow a penalty corner.
• Junior Alexandra Belaire (2-1-5) leads the team in scoring, Hill has scored a pair of goals, and Rutledge has recorded two of the squad's three assists on the year.
• Junior goalkeeper Alexandria Simpson is 3-0 with a 1.20 goals against average and a .842 save percentage in three starts for Saint Joseph's.
SCOUTING THE BEAVERS
• No. 14 Babson (1-1) rebounded from a season-opening loss to edge Connecticut College, 2-1, on Tuesday night.
• Senior Tori Roche scored the tying goal in the third quarter and sophomore Millie Brady notched the go-ahead marker with 6:59 to go in the fourth for the Beavers.
• Roche, who led the Green and White with 22 goals and 49 points last fall, has two goals in two games, while senior Kate Driscoll and junior Cate McShane have each contributed an assist.
• Sophomore goalkeeper Cassidy Riley has posted a 2.00 goals against average and a .765 save percentage in two starts.
ALWAYS BE FINISHING
• Roche has produced at least one goal in 10 of the last 12 games going back to September 26 of last season.
• Since the start of the 2017 campaign she has put away 38 goals in 43 matches.
ROAD SUCCESS MEETS HOME DOMINANCE
• The Beavers went 7-1 on the road last season with the only loss coming at eventual national champion Middlebury, and are 25-4 away from home going back to the start of the 2016 campaign.
• Saint Joseph's conceded just four goals while going 11-0 at home last fall, and has won 27 of its last 28 matches in Standish going back to October 16.
• Entering Saturday's match, the Green and White has previously faced just three other GNAC opponents.
• Babson is 25-3-2 all-time against GNAC foes although only two of the 30 games have been played since 2009. The Beavers posted shutout wins over Johnson & Wales in 2015 and 2016.
NUMBER TO KNOW
• The Beavers have won their last 15 matches when allowing one goal or less.