No. 19 Field Hockey vs. MIT
Saturday, September 21 | 12 p.m.
MacDowell Field | Babson Park, Mass.
• Babson is 28-17 all-time against MIT in a series that dates back to 1984.
• The Beavers have won seven of their last 10 matches versus the Engineers, which includes five consecutive regular season wins going back to 2014.
• Senior Devon Goetz and junior Meghan Flynn scored just over five minutes apart in the first half as fifth-seeded MIT defeated top-seeded and then-13th-ranked Babson, 2-1, in the NEWMAC Tournament semifinals on November 1, 2018, in Babson Park.
• Junior goalkeeper Grace Moore made 11 of her 19 saves in the second half for the Engineers.
• Sophomore Lauren Curley scored with 9:04 left in regulation for the Beavers, who held a 33-9 edge in shots.
SCOUTING THE ENGINEERS
• MIT (4-2, 0-0 NEWMAC) is coming off a 1-0 victory over No. 3 Tufts on Wednesday night.
• Senior Taylor Grey scored four minutes into the second quarter and Moore stopped 12 shots, including a third-period penalty stroke for the Engineers, who were outshot 18-3.
• First-year Paige Forester (8-1-17) has produced at least a goal in four of the last five games, junior Amanda Garofalo has scored three times, and the trio of Goetz, junior Jenah Haque and sophomore Emily Genevriere all have one goal and one assist on the year.
• Moore has made six starts posting a 1.63 goals against average and .833 save percentage to go along with one shutout.
SCOUTING THE BEAVERS
• No. 19 Babson (4-2, 0-0 NEWMAC) had its four-game winning streak snapped in a 2-0 loss to No. 1 Middlebury last Sunday.
• Sophomore goalkeeper Cassidy Riley turned away four shots and first-year Meara Hanyon made a pair of defensive saves for the Beavers, who conceded a pair of first-quarter tallies.
• Curley (3-0-6) and senior Tori Roche (3-0-6) have combined for three game-winning goals, sophomore Millie Brady (1-1-3) leads the team in shots, and senior Kate Driscoll has chipped in with two assists.
• Riley has gone 4-2 in six starts with a 1.16 goals against average and a .816 save percentage to go along with two shutouts this fall.
LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLL
• Despite losses to MIT in the NEWMAC Tournament in both 2017 and 2018, the Beavers head into Saturday's league opener riding a 26-game regular season conference unbeaten streak that dates back to the 2015 campaign.
• Babson's last regular season loss to a NEWMAC foe was a 1-0 setback at Mount Holyoke on October 17, 2015.
ENGINEERING THE OFFENSE
• Roche has three goals in four games against MIT over the last two seasons, which includes a pair of tallies in a 3-0 victory over the Engineers in Cambridge last September.
• Babson's top scorer, Roche currently ranks ninth in program history in career goals (39) and is 10th on the school's all-time list with 87 points.
CONFERENCE HONORS FOR RILEY
• Riley was tabbed as the NEWMAC Defensive Player of the Week on Monday after making 15 saves and posting a 0.99 goals against average in three starts last week.
NUMBER TO KNOW
• The Beavers are 4-1 on the year when they lead or are tied entering the fourth quarter.