No. 19 Field Hockey at UMass Dartmouth
Thursday, October 3 | 7 p.m.
Cressy Field | Dartmouth, Mass.
• Babson is 9-11-1 all-time against UMass Dartmouth in a series that dates back to 1983.
• The Beavers have won five straight games in the series although the programs had not met since 2005 prior to last season's contest.
• Catherine Gilman '19, senior Tori Roche and sophomore Lauren Curley all scored twice as the Beavers defeated UMass Dartmouth, 11-0, on September 17, 2018, in Babson Park.
• Senior Carla DiBiase and juniors Cate McShane and Maddy Paro also tallied for Babson, which set a single-game scoring record.
• Allison Burke and junior Katelyn Banalewicz both made 11 saves for the Corsairs.
SCOUTING THE CORSAIRS
• UMass Dartmouth (3-5) has won two of its last three games after edging Eastern Connecticut State 1-0 on Tuesday night.
• Sophomore Kylie Dias scored the only goal of the match 1:49 into the third quarter and Banalewicz made seven saves to record her first career shutout for the Corsairs.
• Dias (2-3-7) leads the team in assists, junior Brittany Perry has scored twice, and classmate Desarai Melendez has contributed a goal and an assist for three points on the year.
• Banalewicz has started all eight games this fall posting a 3.73 goals against average and a .748 save percentage while averaging nearly 11 saves per contest.
SCOUTING THE BEAVERS
• No. 19 Babson (6-3) has won two of its last three games after pulling away from Springfield for a 4-0 victory on Saturday.
• Roche had a goal and an assist, while Paro, Curley and first-year Brianne McGrath all tallied once for the Beavers.
• Roche (5-1-11) has a goal in two of the last three contests, Curley (5-0-10) leads the Green and White with three game-winning markers, and sophomore Millie Brady (2-2-6) is tied for the team lead in assists.
• Sophomore goalkeeper Cassidy Riley has started all nine games and boasts a 1.00 goals against average and a .827 save percentage to go along with three shutouts.
WHEN WEATHER WINS
• Following multiple lightning delays, the Beavers had Tuesday's contest at 14th-ranked Bates postponed due to the poor weather.
• The teams are hoping to make up the game later in October.
MOVING ON UP
• With her three-point performance on Saturday, Roche now has 41 goals and 10 assists for 92 points in 59 career games.
• She enters Tuesday's contest ranked ninth on the program's all-time list in goals and 10th in points.
• Riley was selected as the NEWMAC Defensive Player of the Week for the third straight week on Monday after posting a 0.50 goals against average and a .875 save percentage in two starts.
• She enters Tuesday's contest ranked 22nd in Division III in both goals against average and save percentage.
NUMBER TO KNOW
• The Beavers are 21-3 in the month of October since 2016.