Women's Lacrosse vs. Skidmore
Saturday, March 2 | 2 p.m.
Wachenheim Field | Saratoga Springs, N.Y.
• Babson and Skidmore will meet for the sixth time on Saturday afternoon in a series that dates back to 2003. The Beavers are 2-3 all-time against the Thoroughbreds.
• Senior Caz Szwajkowski and sophomore Emily Hirsch both scored five goals as visiting Skidmore defeated Babson, 20-4, on March 3, 2018, at MacDowell Field.
• Senior Natalie LeBeau finished with three goals and two assists for the Thoroughbreds, while Charlotte O'Halloran '18, Julia Harrigan '18 and seniors Lexi Lenaghan and Riley Buonagurio all scored once for the Beavers.
LAST BABSON WIN
• McKenzie Tucci '16 scored three times and Emily Bresnahan '17 finished with two goals and two assists as the Beavers edged Skidmore, 11-10, on March 5, 2016, at MacDowell Field.
• Kiley Fischer '17 and Francesca Giovanucci '17 each scored twice for the Beavers, while Tyler Phillips finished with five goals, four draw controls, and four caused turnovers and three ground balls to lead the Thoroughbreds.
SCOUTING THE THOROUGHBREDS
• Skidmore (0-0) returns 22 players from a team that went 11-7 and was upset by RIT, 15-14, in the Liberty League quarterfinals last season.
• The Thoroughbreds bring back four 25-goal scorers and two players that produced more than 50 points highlighted by Szwajkowski (46-4-50) and LaBeau (31-19-50), who both earned all-region honors in 2018.
• Szwajkowski also led the team with 63 draw controls, while Hirsch (39-7-46) contributed team highs of 55 draw controls and 24 caused turnovers.
• Junior goalie Caroline Kenlon appeared all 18 games and posted a 10.17 goals against average and a .449 save percentage last season.
SCOUTING THE BEAVERS
• Babson (1-0) is coming off a 10-8 win over Plymouth State in its season opener last Sunday.
• Lenaghan and sophomore Georgia Salvatore scored three goals apiece, sophomore Isabelle Lent led all players with five draw controls, and senior Christine Regan scooped up four ground balls for the Beavers.
• The Green and White brings back 20 players from a team went 13-8 overall, highlighted by Lenaghan, who scored 68 goals and totaled a single-season record 102 points, and junior Maria Bravo, who was tabbed as the league's defensive co-player of the year.
• Sophomore goalie Cricket Fligor made three saves in the season-opening win over the Panthers and posted a 10.59 goals against average and a .367 save percentage in 15 starts last year.
• The Beavers forced 24 turnovers in their opener against Plymouth State and have now pressured the opposition into 20 or more miscues four times in the last seven games dating back to last year.
• Senior Mairead Williams, sophomore Sara O'Connor and first-year Brooke Leveillee combined to recorded six of Babson's nine caused turnovers against the Panthers.
CRACKING THE LINEUP
• Junior Olivia Remley and sophomore Kelley Burtch both made the first starts of their respective careers in the win over Plymouth State. Additionally, Leveillee and fellow first-year Coco Creedon both made their collegiate debuts in the victory.
• Lenaghan recorded multiple goals for the eighth consecutive game and has now recorded two or more points in 12 straight games going back to last April.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
• The Beavers have won 22 consecutive games when limiting the opposition to single-digit goals.