Women's Lacrosse at Ursinus
Wednesday, March 20 | 4 p.m.
Patterson Field | Collegeville, PA
• Babson and Ursinus will meet for the second time on Wednesday in a series that dates back to 2017 season. The Beavers are 1-0 all-time against the Bears.
• Emily Bresnahan '17 led all players with four goals and Julia Harrigan '18 contributed three ground balls, two draw controls and four caused turnovers to help visiting Babson defeat Ursinus, 9-6, on March 18, 2017, at Patterson Field.
• Charlotte O'Halloran '18 had a goal and an assist to go along with three ground balls and two draw controls, while Delaney Carroll '17 caused three turnovers and senior Olivia Phelan turned away seven shots to earn her first career win.
• Junior Haley O'Malley had two goals and one assist to lead the Bears. Senior Bridget Sherry contributed a goal and an assist to go along with two ground balls.
SCOUTING THE BEARS
• Ursinus (1-5) is looking to keep up the momentum after defeating Sewanee, 16-12, for its first win of the season last Wednesday.
• Sherry scored a career high of six goals and added two assists, while classmate Kaci McNeave contributed four goals and four assists for the Bears, who led by as many as nine just over 11 minutes into the second half.
• McNeave (5-10-15) is first on the squad in assists and points, Sherry (9-4-13) is first on the team with 17 ground balls, 23 draws and 13 caused turnovers, and sophomore Hanna Crowley has contributed eight goals and one assist in the first six games.
• Senior Kaitlyn France has posted a 15.81 goals against average to go along with a .400 save percentage in six starts.
SCOUTING THE BEAVERS
• Babson (2-3) has dropped two straight games and is coming off a 15-5 loss to 12th-ranked Wesleyan Sunday.
• Sophomore Juliana McGuire had two goals to go along with three groundballs and two caused turnovers, while classmate Isabelle Lent led all players with five draw controls.
• Senior Lexi Lenaghan (14-7-21) had her streak of 15 straight multi-point games snapped against Wesleyan, sophomore Georgia Salvatore (10-3-13) is second on the team in goals, and McGuire (7-0-7) has won 14 draws, scooped up 10 ground balls and caused four turnovers.
• Lent leads the team with 23 draw controls, while sophomore Cricket Fligor has posted a 10.60 goals against average and a .454 save percentage in five starts.
• Wednesday's game at Ursinus marks that start of a stretch that has the Green and White on the road for six of its next seven games.
• After missing the Beavers' first four games due to injury, junior Valerie Quinlan stuffed the stat sheet in her return to the lineup on Sunday against Wesleyan. She led the team with two assists, won three draw controls and also contributed a ground ball and a caused turnover.
CENTENNIAL CONFERENCE CHALLENGE
• Wednesday's game will be just the ninth all-time for Babson against an opponent from the Centennial Conference. The Green and White is 3-5 all-time against the league but has won two straight going back to 2016.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
• The Beavers are 5-2 in their last seven games away from home dating back to March 31 of last season.