BABSON PARK, Mass.—The Babson College Department of Athletics held its 38th Annual Senior Awards Banquet on Friday night to honor 74 student-athletes in the Class of 2019. A Night of Champions was highlighted by the selections of field hockey and softball's Ashley Tango (Reading, Mass.) as the Female Athlete of the Class and Jackson Greenspan (Meriden, N.H.) of the men's soccer program as the Male Athlete of the Class.
JACKSON HOLE, Wyo.—Sophomore Sarah Mangiacotti (South Londonderry, Vt.) collected two more All-America honors as the Babson College women's alpine ski team placed fifth in the slalom and tied for fourth place in the combined standings at the United States Collegiate Ski and Snowboard Association (USCSA) National Championships on Thursday at Snow King Mountain.
JACKSON HOLE, Wyo.—Sophomore Sarah Mangiacotti (South Londonderry, Vt.) put together a pair of strong runs to finish sixth overall as the Babson College women's alpine ski team placed fifth in the giant slalom at the United States Collegiate Ski and Snowboard Association (USCSA) National Championships on Tuesday at Snow King Mountain.
• The Babson men's and women's alpine ski teams travel to Snow King Mountain in Jackson Hole, Wyoming, to compete in the USCSA National Championships beginning on Tuesday.
• The Beavers are making their 12th consecutive trip to nationals on the men's side, while the women are set for their fourth straight appearance at nationals.
CARABASSET VALLEY, Maine—The Babson College women's ski team tied for second place overall at the United States Collegiate Ski and Snowboard Association (USCSA) Eastern Regional Championships over the weekend at Sugarloaf Mountain.
• The top six teams in the MacConnell Division descend on Sugarloaf Mountain to compete in the USCSA regional championships on Saturday and Sunday. In addition to taking on its division rivals, Babson's men and women will also compete against the top programs from the Thompson Division with the top five schools earning a trip to the national championships in early March.
ANDOVER, N.H.—The Babson College women's alpine ski team secured their fifth consecutive trip to the regional championships by finishing fourth and sixth in a pair of season-ending slalom races at Proctor Ski Area last weekend.
• Babson's men's and women's alpine ski teams conclude their MacConnell Division regular season schedule with a pair of slalom races at Proctor Ski Area on Saturday and Sunday.
• The top five teams in the league standings following Sunday's race will qualify for the USCSA Eastern Regional Championships in two weeks.
QUEENSBURY, N.Y.—The Babson College men's alpine ski team recorded its second victory of the season and the women's squad came in third in the opening giant slalom race of the weekend at West Mountain on Saturday.
• The Babson men's and women's alpine ski teams travel to West Mountain for the fourth straight weekend of MacConnell Division competition on Saturday and Sunday. The Beavers and their league rivals will compete in two giant slalom races for the second weekend in a row.
LAKE PLACID, N.Y.—Babson College juniors Jack Blanchard (Dover, Mass.), MacIntyre Henderson (Park City, Utah) and Elizabeth Baer (Salt Lake City, Utah) all recorded a pair of podium finishes to help the men's and women's alpine skiing teams post their first victories of the season in the giant slalom at Whiteface Mountain over the weekend.
• The Babson men's and women's alpine ski teams are set to compete in a pair of slalom races at Crotched Mountain beginning on Friday morning.
• The MacConnell Division was originally set to visit both Crotched Mountain and Pat's Peak this weekend, but weather issues forced a change in the schedule.
LUDLOW, Vt.—The Babson College men's and women's alpine ski teams combined for seven top-10 finishes on the opening weekend of MacConnell Division competition at Okemo Mountain. The men placed second in the giant slalom and third in the slalom, while the women's squad came in third in the slalom and ninth in the GS.
• Babson's men's and women's alpine ski teams open MacConnell Division competition with two days of races at Okemo Mountain in southern Vermont. The Beavers and their league rivals begin with the giant slalom on Thursday and will take part in the slalom on Friday.
BABSON PARK, Mass.—Coming off a historic 2018 campaign that saw the men come within a tiebreaker of their first national championship and the women match their best finish in school history, Babson College head coach Joe Harty released the program’s 2019 schedule on Tuesday morning.
BABSON PARK, Mass.—Babson College Associate Athletics Director Jon Anderson '75 announced the hiring of Joe Harty as the men's and women's alpine ski head coach on Wednesday. Harty replaces Sam Bensley, who departed following the 2018 campaign.