Women's Soccer vs. No. 13/14 Brandeis
Saturday, September 15 | 12 p.m.
Hartwell-Rogers Field | Babson Park, Mass.
• Babson plays Brandeis for the 43rd time in program history dating back to the program's founding year of 1981. The Beavers are 17-22-3 all-time against the Judges and are looking for their first win in the series since 2009.
• Senior Julia Matson scored a pair of second-half goals to help Brandeis defeat visiting Babson, 3-0, on September 19, 2017.
• Sophomore Mackenzie Smith scored the Judges' opening goal in the 30th minute when she stuffed home a loose ball following a corner kick by senior Maddie Marx for a 1-0 edge.
• Senior goalkeeper Maddison Gierschick finished with four saves for the Beavers.
SCOUTING THE JUDGES
• No. 13 United Soccer Coaches/No. 14 D3soccer.com Brandeis (4-0-0) is coming off of a 1-0 victory against Eastern Connecticut on Tuesday.
• Sam Volpe scored her first goal of her career and the lone goal of the game in the 30th minute to give Brandeis the edge. The assist came from senior Julia Jaffe, her first of the season.
• Sophomore Daria Bakhtiari (2-0-4) and junior Katie Hayes (2-0-4) lead the squad in goals, while senior Sasha Sunday (1-2-4) and first-years Juliette Carreiro (1-2-4) and Makenna Hunt (1-2-4) are tied for the team lead in assists.
• Junior goalkeeper Sierra Dana has started all four games posting a 0.73 goals against average and a .800 save percentage. Classmate Victoria Richardson has played in three games posting a 0.72 goals against average and .833 save percentage.
SCOUTING THE BEAVERS
• Babson (3-1-1) snapped a two-game winless streak by defeating UMass Boston, 2-1, on Tuesday at James Cotter Field.
• Senior Emma Dineen and first-year Katherine Ryan each recorded a goal in the first 54 minutes of play. Gierschick and first-year Katelyn Korzec combined to make four saves for the Beavers.
• Dineen (3-1-7) and senior Jessica Fernandes (2-2-6) and have combined for five goals and 13 points over the first five games, while Ryan (3-0-6) has notched one game-winning goal.
• Gierschick has posted a 0.81 goals against average and a .789 save percentage to go along with a pair of shutouts in five starts.
SETTING UP THE SCORING
• Senior Jessica DeLuca and junior Julia Janikies both picked up an assist in Tuesday's win at UMass Boston, and both players are tied for the team lead with two assists on the year.
• After opening the year with five consecutive games on the road, the Green and White will make its 2018 home debut against the Judges. Babson is 4-0-2 in its last six home openers going back to 2013.
• The Green and White went 5-1-1 over its final seven games at Hartwell-Rogers Field last year, outscoring its foes 18-3 and posting five shutouts.
• Babson has outscored its opponents 6-0 in the first half of five matches this season, and has not allowed a goal in the opening 45 minutes in seven consecutive matches going back to last October.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
• The Beavers are 12-0-4 going back to the start of last season when allowing one goal or less.