Women's Soccer vs. Wheaton
Saturday, September 30th | 1 p.m.
Hartwell-Rogers Field | Babson Park, Mass.
• Babson and Wheaton will meet for the 47th time on Saturday in a NEWMAC series that dates back to 1981. The Beavers are 12-25-9 all-time record with the Lyons and have dropped just two of their last eight matches in the series going back to 2010.
• Senior Kaylee Sye and sophomore Hannah Lepordo both scored once to lift Wheaton to a 2-1 win over Babson on September 30, 2017, in Norton, Mass.
• Senior Emma Dineen netted a goal in the 42nd minute and classmate Maddison Gierschick made four saves in her ninth start of the season for the Beavers.
LAST BABSON WIN
• Olivia Kerester '17 scored in the 56th minute to lift the Beavers to a 1-0 win over Wheaton on October 25, 2016, in Babson Park. Gierschick made five of her six saves in the second half for the Green and White.
SCOUTING THE LYONS
• Wheaton (7-1-1, 0-1-0 NEWMAC) is now unbeaten over its last three matches after playing to a 3-3 2OT draw at Trinity on Wednesday.
• Junior Aymara O'Brien-Pappalardo scored two goals just over four minutes apart and first-year Chloe Troy recorded the Lyons' final goal in the 83rd minute before the Bantams forced extra time with a pair of late tallies.
• O'Brien-Pappalardo (5-3-13) is fifth in the league in scoring, first-year Chloe Troy (4-3-11) is tied for the team lead in assists and Lepordo (5-1-11), the league's reigning rookie of the year, is tied for second on the team in points.
• Junior goalkeeper Alexa Barbagallo has started eight games posting a 1.29 goals against average and a .804 save percentage to go along with three shutouts.
SCOUTING THE BEAVERS
• Babson (3-4-2, 0-1-0 NEWMAC) halted its three-game losing streak with a 1-1 2OT draw against Endicott on Tuesday night at MacDowell Field.
• Senior Julia Lindsay scored off a corner kick in the 72nd minute and first-year goalkeeper Kayla Salmon made a career-high nine saves for the Beavers.
• Dineen (4-1-9), senior Jessica Fernandes (2-2-6) and first-year Katherine Ryan have combined to score nine of Babson's 13 goals, and junior Maggie McCabe (1-2-4) is one of four players tied for the team lead in assists.
• Gierschick posted a 0.81 goals against average and a .789 save percentage with two shutouts over the first five games, while Salmon has started the last four games posting a 1.42 goals against average and a .778 save percentage.
DOWN TO THE WIRE
• In nine matches since 2010, Babson and Wheaton have finished in a tie five times, while the go-ahead goal in the other four matchups has come in the second half.
GETTING INVOLVED IN THE SCORING
• In addition to Lindsay scoring the first goal of her career on Tuesday, first-year Katelyn Korzec picked up the first assist of her career in Tuesday's draw with Endicott. Thirteen different players have now registered a point on the year for the Green and White.
BREAKING INTO THE LINEUP
• Sophomore Amanda Goldstein made the first start of her career on Tuesday night and played all 110 minutes at outside back against Endicott.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
• The Beavers are unbeaten in their last 34 games against conference opponents when scoring two or more goals going back to 2012.