Women's Soccer at Emerson
Saturday, October 20 | 4 p.m.
Rotch Field | Boston, Mass.
• Babson and Emerson will meet for the sixth time on Saturday in a series that dates back to 2013. The Beavers are 5-0-0 all-time against the Lions.
• Senior Emma Dineen had a goal and an assist to help Babson defeat visiting Emerson, 3-0, on October 21, 2017, at Hartwell-Rogers Field.
• Junior Maggie McCabe also recorded a goal for the Beavers and senior goalkeeper Maddison Gierschick kept her fourth clean sheet of the year with four saves.
SCOUTING THE LIONS
• Emerson (8-5-1, 4-2-1 NEWMAC) is looking to keep up the momentum after a 4-1 victory over Coast Guard Academy on Tuesday.
• Four players contributed goals as seniors Jess Frost and Paige Haley, junior Veronica Alberts and sophomore Modesty Sanchez all scored, while first-year goalkeeper Megan Rose made nine saves for the Lions.
• Frost (5-5-15) is leading the team in assists and tied with Haley (5-0-10) in goals. And sophomore Amanda Benavente (3-3-9) and rookie Grace Cosgrove (4-1-9) have combined for 18 points.
• Rose, who has won back-to-back NEWMAC Defenseive Player of the Week honors, has started 13 games and has made a league-high 83 saves to go along with a 1.80 goals against average, a .790 save percentage and one shutout.
SCOUTING THE BEAVERS
• Babson (5-8-2, 2-5 NEWMAC) is looking for redemption after falling to No. 21 MIT, 3-0, for its second consecutive loss on Tuesday in Cambridge.
• Senior goalkeeper Elizabeth Mycock, who made just her second start of the year, finished with a career-high 15 saves in the loss.
• Dineen (6-4-16) and senior Jessica Fernandes (6-3-15) lead the team in goals and rank 11th and 12th, respectively, in the league in scoring, while McCabe (2-4-8) is tied for the team lead in assists.
• One of three goalkeepers to start this fall, first-year Kayla Salmon has appeared in eight games posting a 1.95 goals against average and a .698 a save percentage.
• The Beavers sit just three points out of the final playoff spot entering Saturday's tilt at Emerson, but will likely need all nine points from its final three matches to secure a playoff berth.
• Only unbeaten MIT has clinched a NEWMAC Tournament berth entering the second-to-last weekend of regular season play.
• Dineen has produced two goals and one assist in two career games against Emerson, while Fernandes registered a pair of assists in Babson's 2016 win at Emerson.
GIVE ME A SECOND
• The Green and White has won five of its six games this season when scoring at least two goals with the lone loss coming in a 4-3 setback at Coast Guard on October 6.
• Babson has suffered just three losses in 50 matches when scoring two goals going back to 2012 and is 33-1-3 against NEWMAC foes during this stretch.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
• The Beavers have outscored Emerson 13-4 in five previous meetings.