Women's Soccer vs. UMass Boston
Tuesday, September 10 | 4 p.m.
Hartwell-Rogers Field | Babson Park, Mass.
• Babson is 4-0-1 all-time against UMass Boston in a series that dates back to 2014.
• Tuesday's match marks the fourth time in five seasons that the Beavers will host the Beacons.
• Emma Dineen '19 and sophomore Katherine Ryan both scored and classmate Katelyn Korzec came on in relief to make two late saves as Babson edged UMass Boston, 2-1, on September 11, 2018, in Boston.
• Jessica DeLuca '19 and senior Julia Janikies each recorded an assist in the victory. Jaclyn O'Grady scored in the 80th minute for the Beacons.
SCOUTING THE BEACONS
• UMass Boston (3-1-0) blanked Simmons 3-0 for its third straight win on Saturday.
• Sophomores Dani Anderson and Grace McGettrick scored 81 seconds apart early in the first half and classmate Allie Crawford added an insurance tally in the 80th minute for the Beacons, who kept their second clean sheet of the year.
• McGettrick (3-1-7) has produced a point in three straight matches, Oliver leads the team with two assists, and junior Alex Hee and first-year Kelly McNeil have each scored once this season.
• First-year goalkeeper Maria Spylios has posted a 0.75 goals against average to go along with a .727 save percentage and two shutouts in four starts.
SCOUTING THE BEAVERS
• Babson (1-1-0) defeated Eastern Connecticut State, 1-0, for its first win on Saturday afternoon.
• Senior Olivia West scored in the 60th minute and first-year goalkeeper Morgan Fedosiewich made four saves for the Beavers, who were playing for the first time in eight days.
• Senior Maggie McCabe (4-4-12) is the team's top returning scorer, while sophomores Katelyn Korzec (2-2-6) and Katherine Ryan (3-0-6) tallied one game-winning goal apiece last fall.
• Fedosiewich has stopped 10 of 11 shots for a .917 save percentage while keeping one clean sheet and conceding just one goal in two starts this fall.
A TRIBE CALLED WEST
• West, who recorded the first game-winning goal of her career in Saturday's victory, produced a career-high two assists in the Beavers' 3-0 victory over the Beacons in 2017.
NEW TO THE STARTING XI
• Junior Addie Lalor made her first career start at forward in Saturday's win over Eastern Connecticut State, while sophomore Kayla Salmon, who started 11 times at goalkeeper last fall, joined the starting lineup as a field player for the first time in her career against the Warriors.
NUMBER TO KNOW
• Over the Beavers last 14 games going back to last September, 11 of them have been decided by a single goal or ended in a draw.