Women's Soccer at Brandeis
Saturday, September 14 | 1 p.m.
Gordon Field | Waltham, Mass.
• Babson is 17-23-3 all-time against Brandeis in a series that dates back to 1981.
• The Beavers, who are winless against the Judges going back to 2009, have dropped six straight matches between the sides.
• Sam Volpe took advantage of a defensive miscue to notch the lone goal of the match with 43 seconds remaining in regulation as then-No. 13/14 Brandeis edged the Beavers, 1-0, on September 15, 2018, in Babson Park.
• Sophomore Kayla Salmon finished with three saves in her collegiate debut for the Beavers, who missed a chance to take the lead when Emma Dineen's '19 shot glanced off the post in the 26th minute.
SCOUTING THE JUDGES
• Brandeis (3-1-0) extended its winning streak to three with a 2-0 victory at Clark on Tuesday night.
• First-year Jessica Herman scored a pair of goals just 16 minutes apart in the second half for the Judges, who got two saves from senior goalkeeper Victoria Richardson.
• Sophomore Juliette Carreiro (4-1-9) has recorded two multi-goal games, Herman (2-2-6) leads the team in assists, and sophomore Makenna Hunt (2-1-5) has notched one game-winning marker.
• Richardson has started all four matches posting a 1.04 goals against average and a .786 save percentage for Brandeis, which has not conceded a goal since its season opener back on August 30.
SCOUTING THE BEAVERS
• Babson (2-1-0) has won two straight games and is coming off a 2-0 victory over UMass Boston on Tuesday afternoon.
• Senior Olivia West and junior Addie Lalor both scored for the Beavers, who got three saves from first-year goalkeeper Morgan Fedosiewich.
• West (2-0-4) has scored in two straight matches, while senior Maggie McCabe and first-years Caitlin Trott and Molly Roy have each contributed one assist apiece on the year.
• Fedosiewich has started all three games and boasts a 0.33 goals against average and a .933 save percentage to go along with two shutouts.
KEEPING THINGS CLEAN
• The back-to-back clean sheets by Fedosiewich are Babson's first 2017 when it shut out UMass Boston (3-0) on September 13 and Bates (2-0) on September 16.
• Going back to the season opener against St. John Fisher, the Green and White has not conceded a goal in 220 minutes.
FEELS LIKE THE FIRST TIME
• Roy and Trott both collected the first assists of their respective careers on Lalor's 43rd-minute goal on Tuesday against UMass Boston.
• Sophomore Sydney McLaughlin, who had come on as a substitute in each of the first two matches this fall, made her first collegiate start against the Beacons.
NUMBER TO KNOW
• The Beavers are 2-0-0 this season and 23-4-5 dating back to the start of the 2016 season when scoring the first goal of the match.