Women's Soccer vs. Bowdoin
Wednesday, September 4 | 4:30 p.m.
Hartwell-Rogers Field | Babson Park, Mass.
• Babson is 2-23-5 all-time against Bowdoin in a series that dates back to 1985.
• The Beavers have gone 1-2-1 in four matches against the Polar Bears since the sides resumed their series in 2015.
• Maddison Gierschick '19 finished with 10 saves to help Babson play to a 0-0 2OT draw with Bowdoin on September 5, 2018, in Brunswick, Maine.
• Senior Sabrina Albanese made two saves for the Polar Bears, who enjoyed a 20-3 edge in shots.
SCOUTING THE POLAR BEARS
• Bowdoin (0-2-1) is winless in four straight matches going back to last year after suffering a 2-1 loss to Middlebury on Saturday.
• First-year Sophia Lemmer scored in the eighth minute for the Polar Bears, were outshot 13-2 and conceded the go-ahead goal to the Panthers in the 89th minute.
• Sophomore goalkeeper Penny Rocchio has made three starts posting a 1.10 goals against average and .769 save percentage to go along with one shutout.
• Bowdoin returns eight of last year's top 10 scorers led by sophomore Julia Adelmann and senior Morgen Gallagher, who combined for eight goals and three assists.
SCOUTING THE BEAVERS
• Babson (2-2-0) had its two-game winning streak snapped in a 3-1 loss at Brandies on Saturday.
• Senior Olivia West scored for the third game in a row and first-year goalkeeper Morgan Fedosiewich finished with a season-high 11 saves for the Beavers.
• West (3-0-6) and junior Addie Lalor (1-0-2) have accounted for all four of Babson's goals, while senior Maggie McCabe leads the team with two assists.
• Fedosiewich has started all four matches posting a 1.00 goals against average and a .862 save percentage to go along with two shutouts.
THREE IN THREE
• With her goal on Saturday, West is the first Babson player to score in three consecutive games since Jessica Fernandes '19 achieved the feat with tallies against Coast Guard, Salve Regina and Clark in October 2016.
NOTHING BUT NESCAC
• Bowdoin is the first of two fixtures against NESCAC foes this week for the Green and White, which will welcome Bates to Hartwell-Rogers Field as part of the College's Back to Babson Centennial Celebration on Saturday.
• The Beavers are 1-2-1 against the Polar Bears and Bobcats over the last two seasons.
GOOD HANDS TEAM
• The 11 saves by Fedosiewich in Saturday's loss at Brandeis are tied for the third most by a Babson goalkeeper dating back to 2012.
• Only Maddison Gierschick '19, who made 17 saves in a 2-1 2OT loss at Stevens in 2017, and the 16 stops made by Elizabeth Mycock '19, who turned away 16 shots in last season's 3-0 setback at MIT have made more during this stretch.
NUMBER TO KNOW
• The Beavers are 2-0-0 this season and have lost just four times in 32 matches when scoring first going back to 2016.