Women's Soccer vs. Bates
Saturday, September 21 | 11:30 a.m.
Hartwell-Rogers Field | Babson Park, Mass.
• Babson is 4-20-1 all-time against Bates in a series that dates back to 1982.
• The Beavers had been unbeaten over their last four matches with three victories over the Bobcats since 2007 prior to last season's loss in Lewiston, Maine.
• Senior Riley Turcotte scored the go-ahead goal in the 27th minute as Bates went on to defeat Babson, 3-1, on September 16, 2018, in Lewiston.
• Junior So Kim tied the game in the fifth minute and tacked on an insurance goal with less than nine minutes to play for the Bobcats, who fell behind 1-0 when Emma Dineen '19 scored for the Beavers just 2:06 into the match.
• Sophomore Kayla Salmon made six saves for Babson, while junior Katherine Nuckols stopped three shots for Bates.
SCOUTING THE BOBCATS
• Bates (1-3-0) has dropped three straight matches after suffering a 1-0 loss to the University of New England last Sunday.
• Nuckols finished with three saves for the Bobcats, who were unable to equalize after falling behind in the 32nd minute despite a 19-7 edge in shots.
• Adelaide Armah and Riley Turcotte each have a goal, while the duo of Kim and Sarah DiPillo have both recorded an assist this fall.
• Nuckols has started all four matches posting a 2.00 goals against average and a .742 save percentage to go along with one shutout.
SCOUTING THE BEAVERS
• Babson (3-2-0) has won three of its last four games after defeating Bowdoin, 1-0, on Wednesday afternoon.
• Senior Olivia West scored in the 62nd minute and first-year goalkeeper Morgan Fedosiewich saved a pair of penalty kicks and made eight stops overall for the Beavers.
• West (4-0-8) has scored in four consecutive matches, junior Addie Lalor has contributed one goal, and senior Maggie McCabe leads the Green and White with two assists.
• Fedosiwich has started all five games and boasts a 0.80 goals against average to go along with a .892 save percentage and three clean sheets.
• Fedosiewich, who has conceded just four goals over her first five starts, is averaging 6.60 saves per game, and ranks 44th in Division III with a .892 save percentage.
• Her 33 total saves also are the most among NEWMAC goalkeepers entering Saturday's match.
• West is the first Babson player to score at least one goal in four consecutive games since Caitlin Cronin '07 accomplished the feat scoring against Emmanuel, Bridgewater State, Framingham State and WPI over a 10-day stretch in September 2006.
PUT IT ON THE BOARD
• Sophomore Kate Ryan, who scored three times as a rookie in 2018, picked up her first career assist in Wednesday's win, and is now one of five players to record at least one assist this fall for the Green and White.
NUMBER TO KNOW
• The Beavers have conceded just one goal at home this season and enter Saturday's match having not allowed a goal at Hartwell-Rogers Field over their last 309 minutes.