Women's Soccer at Wheaton
Saturday, October 5 | 1 p.m.
Mirrione Stadium | Norton, Mass.
• Babson is 13-25-9 all-time against Wheaton in the series that dates back to 1981.
• Since 2011, the Beavers are 3-2-5 against the Lyons with just one of the 10 matches decided by more than a goal.
• Emma Dineen '19 scored the go-ahead goal in the 85th minute to lift the Beavers to a 4-3 win over Wheaton on September 29, 2018, in Babson Park.
• Jessica Fernandes '19 and senior Olivia West scored for the Beavers, who also took advantage of an own goal to build a 3-1 lead in the 32nd minute.
• Senior Aymara O'Brien-Pappalardo finished with a goal and an assist for the Lyons, who pulled even in the 69th minute.
SCOUTING THE LYONS
• Wheaton (3-2-3, 0-1-0 NEWMAC) is winless over its last two matches after playing to a 0-0 2OT draw with Trinity back on September 25.
• Alexa Barbagallo finished with 10 saves for the Lyons, who have been shutout in each of their last two games.
• Sophomore Chloe Troy (5-3-13) is tied for sixth in the conference in scoring, O'Brien-Pappalardo (1-4-6) leads the team in assists, and senior Jenna Palmer (2-1-5) is one of three players to score twice on the year.
• Barbagallo has started all eight matches and owns a 1.06 goals against average, a .827 save percentage and two shutouts.
SCOUTING THE BEAVERS
• Babson (4-4-1, 0-1-1 NEWMAC) is looking to snap a three-game winless stretch after suffering a 1-0 loss at WPI on Wednesday.
• First-year goalkeeper Morgan Fedosiewich made seven saves for the Beavers, who conceded the only goal of the match in the ninth minute.
• West (4-0-8) and junior Addie Lalor (2-0-4) have accounted for six of Babson's seven goals, while senior Maggie McCabe (0-3-3) leads the Green and White in assists.
• Fedosiewich, who has started all nine contests, boasts a 0.76 goals against average and a .901 save percentage to go along with five shutouts.
BUCKING THE TREND
• After combining for no more than three goals in any game over the last decade, the seven goals in last season's meeting between Babson and Wheaton matched the most in series history.
• The Beavers recorded 6-1 victories in 1984 and 1992, while the Lyons posted a 4-3 OT triumph in 1990.
IN GOOD HANDS
• Fedosiewich leads the NEWMAC and ranks 61st in Division III with 64 saves on the year.
• She also ranks third in the conference and 25th nationally entering Saturday's match in save percentage.
NUMBER TO KNOW
• In their four wins this season the Beavers have outscored the opposition 6-0.